Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, oh man, is this going to be addictive. I found this site less than a week ago. I have the bug. II have always considered myself somewhat anal about my vehicles. Most people that know me would agree with that. However, I have seen the light, and realized just how little I know, and how far I can go. I left work early yesterday and purchased a few things.

PC 7336

Tool Box

3M Hook-It backing plate

Clay Magic

Meg`s Final Inspection QD

NXT

S100 PWC

S100 Carnuba Wax

3M Pad assortment

This killed a large portion of my Christmas bonus. I do plan to order some additional products on line. I think SSR 2.5, SSR1, and EX will be added to the arsenal very soon. I have a good supply of MF towels currently. Thes products will be used to take my `02 black Z71 to an entirely different level.

I don`t seem to have a lots of swirls, but some minor scratching. The truck is my daily driver, and pulls double duty as my hunting truck. It has to haul sand, gravel, and dirt. It goes off road through the woods, briars, and corn stubble fields. My hunting ground is accessed only by way of gravel roads, which are terrible in the rain.

I doubt the 80 is aggressive enough to take out the scratches, but it is what I could source locally. I think the move to the 2.5 will be necessary. I plan to try the clay, then 80, followed by the S100 PWC, then NXT topped with 16 for the first go-round. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I doubt I can ever get my truck to look like Scottwax`s Yukon, but we all need a goal. Thank you all for the wealth of information you have taken the time to share. Hopefully, I can, in time, move a little closer to the level of work I see on here. Thanks again.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

You have bought excelent products. Some of the best of the best. Your process sounds good as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill...we`re organizing a WI/IL detailing meet in the spring that you probably don`t know about.

It will be held somewhere in Southern WI. If you`re interested in attending, you can go to the "hot tub" forum, and look for the thread called "Wisconsin Detailers".

Good choice of products you made. Make sure you invest in a bunch of high quality washing/drying products...black will show every little defect, so you want to make sure you are washing the vehicle properly without any scratching.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the addiction Bill ! :welcome

Remember, it never goes away. It`s now in your blood !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d apologize, but its not my fault !
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the dark (and very shiny) side!

If you think she hates us now just wait till the micro fiber addiction kicks in. Muah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, you got some good products! However the 3M backing plate is not neccessary and IMO the 3M pads stick. I prefer the Lake County pads but I hear the Edge pads are good as well. Good Luck and keep us updated on your details!
    Steve Mullin

87 GN - Black - Pinnacle Souveran

84 GN - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    She`s an adult, so let her deal with it. In the mean time, there are a whole lot more products you REALLY, REALLY NEED AND CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Real Autopians leave their wife if the wife tried to get in the way of detailing! LOL

P.S. Im joking!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I`m sure your going to love it here! When your wife really gets annoyed with the time and money your going to invest in this hobby just let me know. I give you my wifes work number and they can complain together all day :angry. In the meantime their are still A LOT of great products for you to read about AND BUY!
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome

Little tip; Detail the wife`s car 1st. The she`ll have little to complain about when you do your own.

(I use hers to experiment with new product/techniques, and she always thinks it looks great)

It`s quite a healthy addiction, unless you smoke or drink while doing it (I`ve found a Dominican cigar and scotch go nicely with carnauba!):wavey
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by audio1der

Little tip; Detail the wife`s car 1st. The she`ll have little to complain about when you do your own.

(I use hers to experiment with new product/techniques, and she always thinks it looks great)

LOL. That`s what I started doing this summer, and it actually works. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. If it were not for the deer and turkey hunting obsessions, 6 months of the year pretty dedicated to youth hockey, and a significant amount of warm weather time on the water bass fishing, I am sure she would have no problem with it. As for doing her car first, I doubt that. She sees a vehicle as simply a means to get from point A to point B. I will almost never even drive her van, if there is any way around it. I cleaned it out one time and found a puppy.....fat little dude, too. Its terrible, and I hate it. My kids never even think about eating in my truck, but I think they live in her van. I am very much looking forward to getting the truck close to the results you guys have achieved in the pictures posted in the gallery. Thanks again, and I am sure I will have more questions.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome

I assume you`d describe your living arrangements as "a garage with an adjoining house".
    "Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they`re open"

2000 Accord EX V6 Coupe Satin Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    She should be happy , you could be in a bar looking at girls instead on the computer looking at detailing products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information