Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 88 Ford Ranger that I practice my Autopia learning on. IMO it looks great and people don`t believe it is 16 YO, but it does have orange peel and I was wondering. I was going to wetsand it and see what happens, but would it be worth it to try DACP first? The paint isn`t perfect , the bedrails have scratches and such since it is a work truck with 240,000. However, I don`t want to butcher it either.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use DACP safely on your ss paint, and while it will remove some surface defects, it wonâ€â„¢t help your orange peel. You may need to follow up with something like #80.

I would be hesitant to suggest you wet-sand your paint, I think youâ€â„¢re better off polishing it to look as good as possible.

If you`re seriously considering wet-sanding you need to read up a bit on that process, and then practice on an old hood or trunk lid from a junk yard to perfect your methods. Just my 2 centsâ€Â¦Ãƒ¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã‚¦
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    DACP won`t remove orangle peal. DACP should remove 2000 grit sanding though. Make sure to research and maybe practice on a doner vehicle or fender before doing your vehicle. good luck!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure wouldn`t wetsand it. IMO if you want *no* orangepeel, either get a custom paintjob or buy a Bentley Factory paint, especially on trucks, just isn`t perfect when it comes to texture. But if you`re lucky it *is* nice and thick. Thinning it to achieve a smoother texture is not a good idea, it`ll just fail sooner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I will put the wetsand on hold and go buy a bentley...LOL. It looks good and I think really chines, but now I notice the *peel*. Maybe I will just quit washing it.........:xyxthumbs

Thread Information