Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, i have a black mustang gt, i washed the damned thing friday today is sunday, it rained a bit on sat. i looked at my hood and i have freakin WATERSPOTS already, i tried to use some QD, but they wont come out!! i have a PC but damn i dont feel like going through the trouble. how can i keep these waterspots from etching in my paint? i have wax on it and everything, i rub it with a microfiber and QD but they dont come out!.. i feel like this is a lost cause and grabing a piece of coarse sand paper and releasing my frustration on the hood!! please help me get these things out once and for all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a little vinegar solution they should come right off if they are fresh. be sure to touch up the areawith a little more wax after you are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on where you live, acid rain could be the problem. If it sits on the car, it will eat through your protection, depending on what you`ve used. Short of washing your car right after it rains, it`s going to be tough.

What have you been using on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh ok sorry, i didnt list what i have, I have this stuff called "clear cut" its blue and i got it from a body shop which told me it was very good to take out contamination in the clear. its a gallon jug and is blue, i have megs polish and another polish that i got from the body shop like "clear car" or something like that. also i have 3Ms hand glaze. i used megs #26 wax on it to finish. i have a PC that i just got last week, i used the "clear cut" stuff and it seemed to get out the spots that were previously on the hood, but it looks like either they are back or they are new. although i swear (at least while i was in the garage) i had gotten them out.

im new to meticulously detailing my car, i had a yellow car before this and didnt really notice waterspotting, but this damned black car has me running in circles, having nightmares of spots,spots,spots SPOTS!!!! AHHHHH lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same situation here in the Northeast recently with all the rain we`ve been getting. I use a 50/50 percent solution of Poorboys Spray n Wipe and Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer with great results.
    2001 Mustang Bullitt

DHG 792

Post Thanks / Like
    also, im new to these forums searching for answers after getting a black car. im familiar with some stuff on here and others im not.

id like to know where you guys get this zaino stuff? and im kinda confused on what order and what products should i buy that work best with black paint. and in what order should i apply them.

thanks to all that help!

Post Thanks / Like
    warm water, not hot, not luke warm, in between. THat is what I use on my car after I get hit w/ sprinklers or rain and it gets rid of waterspots easily

Post Thanks / Like
    how would CLR effect the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    whats CLR? do you mean the "clear cut"stuff? its kinda like a mild abrasive i guess. ill have to take some pics of the surface and see what you guys think

Post Thanks / Like
    Definetly try using vinegar. I used the same thing on my car recently, I put some in a small spray bottle covered the whole area, let it sit for about a minute and wiped off. I had to go through the process twice, but all the water spots are gone.

The best thing you can do is take quick action, get to it!

And no, don`t use CLR!! he is talking about the chemical cleaning solution for mildew and waterspots.
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    From the ads for CLR, if you mean that calcium, lime and rust remover for bathrooms I`m not sure I don`t think I`d try it on my car. The vinegar sounds like the first thing to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blackstanggt

also, im new to these forums searching for answers after getting a black car. im familiar with some stuff on here and others im not.

Welcome to the forum, blackstanggt!

I, too, have a black car so I know where you`re coming from! When I joined Autopia a few months ago, I did a search for "black" and came up with TONS of info. You could also try "black AND waterspots/swirls" etc.

Good luck and remember, it`s only a car! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black stang as well and it water spots very easily. They usually come out with just a wash.

zaino can be purchased here: www.zainostore.com
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the "Why did I buy a black car club"

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not use CLR on paint due to how strong the stuff is. You are not to get it on your skin due to its strength. The previouser suggestions are much better and SAFER for you and the finish.

Cheers,

Eric
    Eric K

Megs #80, AIO, SG, PUPP

Duragloss, GEPC, S21

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information