97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to get some opinions on what do people think looks best on a truck or suv? In my opinion I think it depends on the color of the vehicle. My Z71 is black and I have tires that have the raised white lettering.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking about getting tires like that for my jeep. I currently have all black tires. I guess it looks good on most SUV`s and colors, I haven`t seen a vehicle that didn`t look good with them on.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I am not a big fan of white letters on tires unless the vehicle is white. I always turn my white letters in.
    Current favorite combo

Playing with Carnuba`s

Post Thanks / Like
    All black lettering unless you got some Hoosier`s...they`re the only ones where I think white is cool. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had both going clear back to the early 70`s. Right now I think that all black is more "in". Also if you or someone else who drives your vehicle parks by feel, all black is the way to go. Those white letters get messed up pretty easily. Besides that why advertise for a tire company.

I had a black Z71 also. I went with all black. My black Dodge Hemi is all black.

I also like black t-shirts, jeans, boots and leathers and BLACKFIRE products.

Tom
    2 white Tacomas and 2 black Harleys. I got half-way smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve loved white letters on tires since I was a teen back in the `60`s when musclecars roamed the earth everywhere! In fact, when I bought the new tires for my CRV, the installer put them on with the white letters in and I just freaked - couldn`t believe that anyone would not want the letters to show. I will admit, though, that the lack of white letters on my Corvette`s Goodyear GSC`s look really mean and it`s also red with black GS wheels. So I guess it`s the usual, "in the eyes of the beholder".

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice CRV you got there dlw!:xyxthumbs Those are the exact kind of tires I am looking into getting.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    I think on dark SUV/Pickups white letters are * acceptable * on cars .. nope ..
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a thread about this on the JeepsUnlimited forum. I personally think it looks good with white out to show off your nice tires. That key is to keep the white lettering clean with Bleche-White or some other product like it and keep the tires clean and conditioned. There is nothing worse than yellowing or dirty raised lettering and dirty tires.

Hope this helps!

-Ryan
    1991 Nissan 300ZX (Black)

Check out my 300ZX!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black suv with the white letters and hate them. I have been meaning to get them flipped for awhile now just been too lazy to take them to get done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the raised white letters look great on my Escape, as well as other trucks/suvs...

but they add so much more work to keeping the tires looking clean, and they narrow down my choices for tire dressings. Thicker silicone based dressings (like megs endurance) get into the letters and sling out later. When it`s time to replace the tires I`m going with all black.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have raised white on my Gold Explorer and like the look. It fits the SUV...

Post Thanks / Like
    [FONT=arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]

I grew up with white letter tires being the sign of the `better` crowd. IMHO, white letter tires are the best. I ALWAYS get white letter tires when buying tires...to be honest its about 30% of the equation on which tire to choose (quality and cost being the other 70%)

(this is my first post...yeahhhh)
    TruckGuy

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Mountaineer W/ white letters & Black Cad STS w/black letters.

Whatever blows your hair back...

I do think that if everyone cleaned their tires as though they had white letters there would be less complaints about tires browning.

Thread Information