Post Thanks / Like
    i`m wondering what the consensus is on this....

I know the zaino clay bar recommends washing the car after claying, but i`ve also heard it`s unecessary and that I could just buff off the residue from the lubricant spray.

thanks
    1996 Nissan Maxima SE 5-spd

superblack!

Post Thanks / Like
    I normally clay right after washing prior to final drying. I rinse vehicle and get another bucket of soapy water and clay. Freqently rinsing vehcile to avoid water spotting. After claying last panel I final rinse vehicle and inspect. If not problems I WW dry and proceed to polishing step.

:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    As you get to the hang of it you`ll find that you`ll be able to determine whether or not a complete wash after claying is needed.

I`m not much good at it, so I prefer to wash again at least the area I clayed. I like to make sure that there`s not any residue remaining. For me, I don`t think it takes that much more time.

Post Thanks / Like
    ive been using Poorboys Spray and Wipe as clay lubricant and so far i have not felt the need to wash after claying. i highly reccomend it over most clay lubricants.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve haven`t had the need also to wash after claying. I use claymagic blue bars with either their lubricant or I`ll use Meg`s quick detailer spray...and then dry off with a WW.
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    i use mothers clay bar and the quick detailer spray after that i just wipe it off with some mf towels

Post Thanks / Like
    If You use soap and water as your lube you will have to rewash to remove the soapy residue.

I use QD and I don`t rewash the car, no need to, there is no clay residue and the QD justs buffs off.

The last time I clayed I used QEW and water in a spray bottle as my lube. This worked great. It provided very good lubrication and left no residue after wiping off with a MF. It is also much cheaper than QD. It only takes 1 ounce of QEW per Gallon of water. If you buy QEW by the gallon you could make 128 gallons of lube for the price of a gallon of QEW.:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you need to rewash it if you`re going to polish the car anyway.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I didn`t rewash, as I had to clay like a couple of hours after the wash. I just buffed off the clay lube after using the clay and it worked out fine before the polishing step. I stretched out a small amount of clay for the whole car, and even with the clay starting to come apart a little, I was still able to buff it out with no problems that I could see.
    Rodney - Salma, will you marry me?

`03 Nissan Super Black 350Z

"The simplest method is the best method"

Post Thanks / Like
    i try buffing it off but it leaves streaks behind... doesn`t matter because I just polish afterwards, but is that ok?
    1996 Nissan Maxima SE 5-spd

superblack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nadir

i try buffing it off but it leaves streaks behind... doesn`t matter because I just polish afterwards, but is that ok?

That`s one of the main reasons I don`t bother washing again. Every time I have ever clayed a car, including my own, it was always followed by either polishing, sealcoating, or waxing.

If you use a WW or MF, you generally won`t see any streaks, and also if you lubed the paint good before claying. :up
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Thread Information