Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what would you do with this products, I place today an order for UPP and 303 aerospace protectant and another order for NXT spray, wax and shampoo. (First time user on both products):nixweiss

My car has AIO and 3XSG, right now last coat was 3 weeks ago.

My wife car has AIO and 1XSG, 3 weeks ago

What do you say

1) 1 UPP and 1 NXT to each car

2) 1 car with UPP and the other with NXT

3) any other option

Thanks in advance

Audi A3 and Murano.

UPPand Klasse all the way and now P21s on Top of them

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to try and go pure with the NXT when I get it. I am going to wash and prep with Meguiar`s products and then put NXT on so I can know that what I`m seeing is the NXT and not the UPP or SG below it. Its a nasty winter this year so I will be able to test the durability really well too. I don`t know that I would layer anything else on it yet since there is still so little known about it. Any review or report on NXT if its being layered with other products will be a little misleading I think. :nixweiss

edit: It looks like the box says it just fills swirls. It doesn`t say anything about any abrasives or anything in it. Sounds like it would be safe to layer.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman

I know what you say, probably would be the best choice, but I dont want to rip off 3 coats of Sg on my car, and I think the NXT over the SG is going to be amazing, but SG plus UPP plus NXT could be something nice but as you said Im not going to be willing to say wich one did the best job
    Audi A3 and Murano.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d do wifes car w/ NXT and see if it improves the look.

Your car, I`d top w/ UPP (2-3x) just to compare with the other.

You can always strip both and NXT them of Z them, or whatever

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any chance that NXT has solvents in it that would act as a cleaner wax? I don`t know, that`s why I`m asking. I don`t remember reading whether or not it layers with anything. Can anyone answer that for me?
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto...I am planning on trying it out this weekend and can`t remember if it can be applied over #3 or #7 and all that jazz. I`ll have to dig through the old NTX thread, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    I brought NXT as a LSP product only. I will use on different vehicles that have UPP, Meg#26, Zaino and EX as their main present protectants and appearance enhancers.

Not looking for any miracles but hopefully another step towards the ultimate appearing finish. Each notch in improvement becomes more difficult when the "Prep" procedure has almost been maximized. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Alexaris

If you sitck with SG and PUPP, you can continue to layer them. If you throw NXT into the mix :nixweiss :nixweiss

You can always do the NXT thing after you polish the next time. There is no rush and you will have the benefit of others experiences.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

Alexaris

If you sitck with SG and PUPP, you can continue to layer them. If you throw NXT into the mix :nixweiss :nixweiss

Alexaris has probably already maxxed out any additional appearance improvements and protection by the number of layers already applied. What would be the point of continued layering?

Personally, I do not believe there is any magic elixir in NXT that will separate it from the rest of the pack of elite protectants and appearance enhancers. Hopefully, I am wrong and a new higher plateau has been established. Can not wait to try but I feel this product will demostrate greater gains on poorly or less anally prepped vehicles then Autopian vehicles. :nixweiss Again I hope I am wrong. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Is there any chance that NXT has solvents in it that would act as a cleaner wax? I don`t know, that`s why I`m asking. I don`t remember reading whether or not it layers with anything. Can anyone answer that for me?

I really don`t think it has enough solvents in it to disturb anything already on your paint. Remember Mike has been pushing it as a LSP (Last Step Product).

Post Thanks / Like
    Meh, it does. All products contain solvents, but some are milder than others. For now, I`m not saying anything other than the suggestion that NXT cleans more so than SG, UPP/BF/DPPS, and Z2/Z5.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK if you want to be picky about it yes, it probably does but my point was the way it is being described by Mike indicates that it should not remove anything below it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we have lots of ???, but lets try everything possible so we can determine wich one is better. After all the things you say, Im going to try different methods. Im going to do some test with the NXT with my customers cars.

Please everybody post their reviews

By the way thanks for the answers to this post
    Audi A3 and Murano.

Post Thanks / Like
    Until I have some NXT in my hands and can experiment with it, I really don`t know the answer. The last time I went nuts on my own car, I used Meguiars Swirl Free Polish, Klasse AIO and UPP x 3 (UPP layers applied 1 week apart), so I`ll be able to see how it looks over UPP myself.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: NXT Tech Wax is intended for use on finishes in new or excellent condition. It is definitely not a cleaner wax.

If your finish is neglected, oxidized, stained, scratched, swirled, etc. then you need to use a pre-wax paint cleaner or some other type of pre-wax surface prep. Mike Phillips.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect * so i question everything*
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information