Post Thanks / Like
    I have been experimenting with a paintless dent removal system (Ding King) on a beater car of mine. For the cheap price its pretty amazing, I could imagine how well the pro model used on this sites works?

My question is this: How do you prevent yourself from over-correcting for the dent? On one ding in particular I pulled it out farther than the original panel, and it looks worse than it did before. Are you guys just eye-balling, or is there a method to prevent from over correcting?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you referring to the one for $20? Everything I heard about it is that it doesn`t work.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search over in the pro forum for "Dent Puller" and you should get quite a bit of results. I know Jngrbrdman is a big fan of the Ding King. I bit the bullet and got the pro model and it didn`t work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bill D

Are you referring to the one for $20? Everything I heard about it is that it doesn`t work.

I`m a relatively new fan of the ding king. For $20, how could it not be worth a shot?!? It has a bit of a learning curve, but after 20 bucks and a couple hours, most of my dents/dings were virtually undetectable unless you know where they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not think it was going to work either, but for $20 bucks I had to give it a shot. I was definitely impressed after an hour or two experimenting with it. The only problem I had was over-correcting for the dent. The instructions say to continue to tighten until the puller pops off the panel, however on two out of six dents this produced an over correction. I then started tightening very slowly in small increments, but you must remove the glue and puller each time. If you have not corrected enough you have to repeat the step, and this becomes time consuming. I am curious if there is a better way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by drrac2

I am curious if there is a better way?
    Somebody posted a link to a site (I believe it was for deodorizing), and while prowling around I found that they offer a full line of Paintless Dent Removal tools, videotape and book, and training classes. The last time I searched, all I could find was high-priced and required taking the training classes to buy the tools. You can get into this for about $300. I have had this type of work done, with amazing results. Next time I need this type of work done, I may just buy the tools. The link:

http://www.topoftheline.com/toolsets.html

starter set for $268 plus $50 for video and manual, up to several $thousand.

Would be interested if anyone has done this on a casual, one or two car basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem using the Wurth tool I bought from the Autopia store. The first time I tried it, it pulled the dent out too far. Hammering it back down with the plastic pick that came with the kit was pretty much the only solution I could think of. It worked pretty well. It wasn`t perfect because the remnants of the old dent were still there. But all in all, I`m satisfied with how it worked because it`s practically invisible and can only be noticed if you know where to look.

But then again, this wasn`t my car.....maybe I wouldn`t be so happy if it WAS my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for the replies. I never thought of purchasing a PDR video, good idea!!!!!

I too tried to hammer back down the panels that I over-corrected, but they only got worse with each manipulation.

Thread Information