Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to wash every 2 weeks being since I had limited time.

Since picking up the new car, I`ve washed the car almost every week for the past 3 months (maybe letting it go 2 weeks without a wash 3 times)

My neighbors make fun that I move the car that extra bit when I`m done to get the final details (other side of the rim where the brake caliper was blocking it to clean the inside) and also for the tire dressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as the neighbors laughing, how clean is their car? They probably wish you were doing their car!!!
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Slightly Modified) - Black
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Black Metallic
    2012 Yamaha Stryker - Red Metallic
    2015 Polaris Slingshot SL - Red Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash, polish and wax my car once a week, usually on a saturday morning. No neighbours for about 1 mile so no funny looks when I`m claying, lol!

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to do it every Sunday afternoon just as the sun is going below the tree tops and the neighbors are sitting their lazy butts in front of the TV so they`ll leave me alone. Otherwise, I have to chase my neighbor around spraying him with a bottle of A2Z when he laughs at me for using my floor jack to get at those hard to reach spots on the tires. Plus, A2Z is too fine a product to waste on him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the car. I probably wash the Audis about every two weeks. I went through a LOOONG period of washing much more frequently, as often as every day(!), but I`ve sorta re-prioritized.

This "what the neighbors/relatives/other people say" thing comes up a lot. People who poke fun at how often someone does something seldom seem do that thing often ENOUGH themselves. They`re just reinforcing their "I`m OK! Really!! I am!!" pseudo-self esteem by criticizing people who have the determination/self discipline/motivation that they lack. Detailing, exercising, housework, studying, you name it, it`s a lot easier to criticize than it is to do it. Heh heh, end of rant

Post Thanks / Like
    Try to do it every Sunday afternoon just as the sun is going below the tree tops and the neighbors are sitting their lazy butts in front of the TV so they`ll leave me alone. Otherwise, I have to chase my neighbor around spraying him with a bottle of A2Z when he laughs at me for using my floor jack to get at those hard to reach spots on the tires. Plus, A2Z is too fine a product to waste on him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once a week on the weekends if No rain during the week.

Do a quick 10 minute bucket wash mid week for upkeep.

Do a CCD and QD when I get the urge on a Tuesday & Thursday.

When it rains I usually do a full wash with a hose the next sunny day.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    As often as necessary!

Post Thanks / Like
    At least once a week. I have two Grand Cherokees that I wash on Saturday mornings. I wash my wife`s Mustang on Sunday.

And yes, I get comments from my neighbors that I will wear out the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to wash the cars at least once every two weeks, but lately I`ve been neglecting them because I`ve just had too much school work to do (end of the year is coming).

Post Thanks / Like
    Once a week unless it gets dirty, then more often. Dirt is the enemy of clear coat! Just run it through the gas station touchless wash...Don`t use the heavy duty mode or the clear coat protectant. I use just the level that will allow a "spotless" wash.

Leaving even an "invisible" amount of dirt on the car will put tiny scratches on the car as it goes through the highways and byways. And, I always do a thorough wash before polishing and waxing.
    Fix it `till it breaks

You come into the world with nothing.

You leave the world with nothing.

While you`re here, you should have something really cool.

...Keep it shiny

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ScooterMan

Once a week unless it gets dirty, then more often. Dirt is the enemy of clear coat! Just run it through the gas station touchless wash...Don`t use the heavy duty mode or the clear coat protectant. I use just the level that will allow a "spotless" wash.

A gas station car wash? Reclaimed water with dirt/sand/road salt in it? Touchless, as in high pressure pounding dirt into the paintwork? :nono No way! :nono

Remember...the same person that maintains the car wash is the person inside who asks you if you want cheese sauce for your nachos!

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to wash the daily drivers every Saturday morning. I never go more than 10 days to 2 weeks between washings.

The garage queen only gets washed when dirty. Which is seldom. Thank goodness for CCDs, QD, and MFs.

BOB
    73 XLCH Sportster Blackfire and Pig Spit 01 Prius Blackfire 01 330 CiC Original Blackfire and S-100 04 Pilot, Blackfire 06 H-D FXSTBI, S-100

Post Thanks / Like
    Once a week here too.

Post Thanks / Like
    every other day in decent weather... damn metalic black gets reallllllll dirty... and in the winter once a week usually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information