Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What qd is recommended for my car (dark grey metallic audi a4)? The car was detailed with meg`s fine cut cleaner, #9 swirl remover, s100 SEPC and S100 wax. I wash and wax my car every other week and usually I use california duster and qd in between waxing to maintain the shine. The car is garaged most of the time, only driven in the weekend and....

I`ve been using eagle one wipe n shine and pretty satisfied with the result, but since I ran out of it, I`m asking for recommendation for a "better" qd....

Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on what you have had in terms of results to determine if another QD is better than the one you are using now.

The only way to test is trial and error, it`s not that expensive if that QD doesn`t work as well and it can always be used in the door jambs etc...

I would try the Meguiars wax based QD. It`s cheap and alot of people like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having tried Eagle One Wipe n` Shine, Zymol "Detail" (blue bottle stuff... it`s new), and Meguiar`s Quik Detailer, I`ll take Meg`s QD over the three any day. But that`s just me. Besides, I haven`t tried Sonus, FI, or any of that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion Eagle One makes the best QD for the price

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got done with a bottle of Meguiars Final Inspection. It took me almost 6 months to use it! I want to try out Meguiars Final Detail and Clear Kote`s Quick Shine. Scott says he can get the Final Inspection for $18 a gallon but still chooses to spend $38 a gallon for the Quick Shine. That has to say something.

Post Thanks / Like
    QD preferences are a very personal and subjective thing. It`s not like S100 where everyone unanimously agrees, "Yeah, product X is definitely superior." You`ll find fans of almost every QD out there.

If you`re looking for a QD that is "better for your finish" then look at carnauba containing QDs since they`ll probably benefit your S100 to a certain degree, not that there`s anything wrong with regular QDs. Otherwise it comes down to smell, ease of use, workability, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearkote`s Quickshine is the best I`ve used. In fact, one of my neighbors bought a bottle from me tonight. Now I have to go by the shop and buy some more. I only have one full bottle left...
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Patrick
    Mothers Instant Detailer, or Clearkote Quickshine.....

If I was stranded, it would be one of those two......

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, can you talk him into a trio special? It just bothers me that I only want the Quick Shine and Vanilla Moose for $50. But If I add $10, I get the Detailing Package which contains $40 worth of extra stuff that I probably wont use.

1 Gallon of Quick Shine

1 Quart of Vanilla Moose

1 Pint of Moose Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FNG

Scott, can you talk him into a trio special? It just bothers me that I only want the Quick Shine and Vanilla Moose for $50. But If I add $10, I get the Detailing Package which contains $40 worth of extra stuff that I probably wont use.

1 Gallon of Quick Shine

1 Quart of Vanilla Moose

1 Pint of Moose Wax

I can direct him to this thread...
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Einmann Fabrik Clear Pearl is a QD that contains some carnauba, I believe...I`m going to try some. I`ve been using Meguiars #34 Final Inspection but I believe it does not contain carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m also using Einmann Fabrik Clear Pearl right now on S100 with very nice results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TurboCat

Einmann Fabrik Clear Pearl is a QD that contains some carnauba, I believe...I`m going to try some. I`ve been using Meguiars #34 Final Inspection but I believe it does not contain carnauba.

I am in the same situation. I have used EFCP before, but then switched to Pinnacle crystal mist (great QD for carnauba!!) but it is quite expensive. I now am moving back to EFCP (my pinnacle is empty) which is made by the same folks and is:up as a carnauba QD (also you can get it for $28 a gal at www.topoftheline.com) .

I would say, though, for price, the Meguiars FI covers ALL the bases imo.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Meguiar`s Quik Detailer and Z-6. Both seem to leave a very slick and slippery surface.
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received Clearkote`s QuikShine and tried it out this weekend...excellent product...leaves the surface very, very slick...kinda like a "just waxed" feeling...

Another QD I use is Z6...more than enough praise is given in the forums...I save it though for my Zaino layers...

And last but not least...Mother`s Showtime...another slick QD with a cinnamony scent...my favorite for the locally available QD`s...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information