Post Thanks / Like
    my girl decided to be a sweetie and wanted to help with the car.....as we were drying the car, I caught out of my eye that she had a portion of the P21S towel she was using dragging against the floor.

I immediately got her a MF. I didn`t tell her why I was so bummmed....

Anyways, I just rinsed this towel thorougly and I don`t see any rocks, dirt etc. There was some slight dirt/rocks on the face of the towel where it had dragged .

Overall, the towel looks clean now though. Would you trust it or just throw the thing out.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of towel is it?

What ever it is: Just throw it in the washing machine with some liquid soap and warm water, and all your worries should go down the drain!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    if it was me, straight in the bin. Its not worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ryeh2o

It`s not a standard towel that goes in the washer like cotton or MF . It`s kinda like a big *what the best word to describe this towel* chamois yet has this funky texture to it like a towel made of tofu....

those who know it know what I mean........

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe its just me, but anything i drop and gets dirt into it, gets binned. . . but im sure a good machine wash would be ok?

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the P21S towels are fine with a machine wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    DON`T THROW IT AWAY! All you have to do is throw it in the washing machine on warm water, with some laundry detergent (I wash mine with all my mf towels mitts etc). It will be fine!

I usually wash mine every couple of washes, and I have 2 of them (in case I drop one)!

No worries!

Post Thanks / Like
    It will probably be okay after a wash. Just check it very, very carefully. If you see any dirt, toss it; if it doesn`t come clean after a wash, it never will.

I have dropped MF towels on the asphalt on a number of occasions. Even these can often be salvaged. Surprisingly, they don`t always pick up that much dirt.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    some people are crazy overbored!!! yikes.

a good machine wash will clean out any worries. ; )

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by emobob

some people are crazy overbored!!! yikes.

a good machine wash will clean out any worries. ; )

Ditto!!!!

Just machine wash it. It is a water absorber not a dirt absorber. This P21S towel ( which I have) is a synthetic chamois. Any dirt will wash out. Be sure to use very little liquid detergent and double rinse. Place back in its case damp and you will be ready for your next use. Also explain to you GF about not allowing towels to touch the ground and its ramifications if they do. I am sure she would appreciate the knowledge.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Given that it is a chamois, my guess is that it may wash out, but why risk it. If it was a MF towel, I would either bin it or find another use for it. Reminds me of the old saying "why ruin the ship for a pennys worth of tar"

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    The means of dirt attachment for the P21S synthetic chamois and a microfiber towel are completely different. The P21S is like a tanned piece of leather. Unless the surface in which she dragged the towel was a hot tarry surface the dirt that was on the P21S is not strongly adhered to or embedded in the material ( superficially attached). This type of technique mistake would be a death nail for a MF (exception waffle weave) but not a real or synthetic chamois.

But if in doubt, throw it out!! ( personally I do not believe this is necessary):wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have experience with P21S but I`ve used Absorber which is the same type synthetic chamois. My son dropped the towel many times, I even had oil spill on it and it all washed out completely with laundry detergent. Just throw it in your washer and check it out, if you`re not happy then throw it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re worried, do a CD test with it.

Thread Information