Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    when you have your car serviced and you wind up detailing the loaner. My wife said I am getting way too much into detailing when i dropped my car for servicing for a couple of days and the VW dealer gave me a ` 02 Jetta for a loaner. The dark blue looked real crappy since no one appeared to have cleaned it since it was made. I could not stand driving a filthy car so i washed, polished and waxed it. The dealer said he thought I brought the wrong car back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thats funny, man I dont think my dedication is that high, only with my car. You should have turned around and handed them a bill for shining that turd up!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL You know, before I began treatment for my disorder, I used to think about renting cars just so I could take them back home and test products on them. I was just about to do it and I was smart enough to bring up the idea to my wife. She quickly organized an intervention and got me help. lol Now I`ve been clean for a year and a half and I`ve never looked back. Thanks to the Autopian Institute for the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Detailing Disorder I have a second chance at life. :xyxthumbs
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Thanks to the Autopian Institute for the Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Detailing Disorder I have a second chance at life. :xyxthumbs [/B]

whew! at least I know I`m not alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have actually been telling my friends that I will detail their cars, and to stop going thru the "awesome super high powered Mobil station car wash", which they all claim is so great....what I didn`t have the heart to tell them is that it is taking the clear coat, the paint, the primer, and may wear away the metal eventually:p

My buddy has an A6 2.7Turbo (black) that would look freaking awesome if I could get my hands on it and Klasse it, and clean the wheels and dress the tires....he would think twice about that Mobil wash after that!!!!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    i waxed a rental just so it would look better while driving ,and to try out the moose wax i had just gotten.
    wax on,wipe off zen wax again
    no camera here,just my own experiences .observations and opinions.

"I never met a man who thought his thinking was faulty!" M. Montaigne

Post Thanks / Like
    we are all sick, sick, sick. Actually, i love the candy smell of Zaino, the coconut smell of Zymol and color crayon smell of S100 (nah! not the last one...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the list of THESE SICK PEOPLE. HEHE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jon S

we are all sick, sick, sick. Actually, i love the candy smell of Zaino, the coconut smell of Zymol and color crayon smell of S100 (nah! not the last one...)

LMAO!!! I`ve read other stories about people detailing loaners before, and I probably would`ve done something with the loaner my parents got if it wasn`t white! :p

I absolutely love good smelling products too! The banana smell of #26 and Magic Mist QD, the even nicer tropical banana smell of Zymol wash, the tangy apple of Mothers Trigger Wash... I`m getting hungry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.. i would clean my rentals, but we trash them too much. I remember last time my mom and i got a rental, it was a Jeep in Hawaii.. She let me and her boyfriend take it exploring. Well.. long story short we ended up breaking the driveline in half climbing a cliff. LoL. My mom was embarrassed to return it like that, but our insurance covered it. LoL. Then we got another Jeep, but we wernt alowed to take it out alone. Anyway, These Jeeps were caked in mudd when we returned them.

Then again, i think Jeeps and offroad trucks look kinda good with the mudd splater, it shows that they are used like jeeps and trucks.. Although everytime i get back from taking mine "offroad" i have to at least hose the big mud off... i cant sleep otherwise... Then first thing next morning got my 3 buckets, 5 washmits ready to go tackle the mess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I end up doing stuff like that too. A friend has my late father`s A6 4.2. She and her husband "waxed" it once and well, :scared it took me three days to fix it. I just didn`t want that car turning to crap. Told her I`d detail it when needed, so long as no one botches it up beforehand (I told them how to wash and gave them the right equipment).

I don`t really have the time, but I WILL still detail loaners occasionally , especially if it`s a car/color I either like or would like to try working on. One of my quickie jobs helped sell a car for my mechanic, and cemented my reputation at his shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    [/B]

My buddy has an A6 2.7Turbo (black) that would look freaking awesome if I could get my hands on it and Klasse it, and clean the wheels and dress the tires....he would think twice about that Mobil wash after that!!!!:xyxthumbs [/B]

ahh... so you want to infect an innocent friend with the disease? (yeah..way to go, man):up

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we had a loaner for a day while some warranty work was done, I washed it as soon as I got it home. It was a new demo so I didn`t feel it needed to be waxed.

When I returned it, the service manager said, "You washed the car, you didn`t need to do that." My response, "I did if I drove it."

That`s one of the things I like about Autopia, lots of crazies like me.

Charles:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Been there and done that!

or when family stops by to say hi & you disappear to see if their car might need a little touch-up before heading home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn`t there a guy on here who did that and ended up not having to pay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information