Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where I can order Foliatec caliper paint from?

My calipers on the e36 really need a paint job since u can see the calipers easily through the ACS wheels.

Thanks

Bryan
    2002 BMW M3

2000 BMW 328i

2000 BMW 323ci

1994 BMW 325is

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use any other high temp paint, it doesnt have to be folia tec......

anyway, you should check any sport compact car magazine, there are some ads in there that sell it....

Post Thanks / Like
    just use a spray paint such as engine enamel...temp withstanding 500 degrees...cheaper that way too!
    A man who works with his hands is a laborer, A man who works with his hands and brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an Artist.-Louis Nizer

Post Thanks / Like
    Id rather use a paint made for calipers(foliatec etc)

i just asked about foliatec because that is what I have on the M5, but I cannot remember where I ordered it from.

Bryan
    2002 BMW M3

2000 BMW 328i

2000 BMW 323ci

1994 BMW 325is

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my calipers on my VW with stuff called G2 caliper paint. It is basically the same paint as FoliaTec. It was $36 from seriousauto.com. I was like you and wanted to do the job right the first time so I decided to buy the kit with the cleaner, epoxy and paint. The paint is holding up great and I love the look of red calipers, especially on black paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO All of the "Name brand" caliper paints are just high temp engine paints with a new label on it. I used some Canadian Tire Ford Red Engine Paint and a clear enamel. Both where high temp paints. I sanded my calipers and i applied 4 coats of red and 2 coats of clear enamel. It looks great! Just do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only downside to using high temp engine paint vs. using the paint designed for calipers is that the caliper paint is a two part system, epoxy and enamel. Mixing the epoxy with the enamel produces a super-hard glossy finish that can take the heat as well. The brake dust seems to just slide the right off the glossy finish. I have seen the engine paint on calipers and it just doesnt seem to have the gloss that comes from the real caliper paint. IMO, I would spend a little more $$ and go with teh caliper paint and do it right the fiist time, buy hey to each his own.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think www.ipdusa.com (they specialize in Volvo parts) sells a caliper paint but I`m not sure of the brand. Also, I can`t get their website to come up half the time, but that may be my computer, not their site. :nixweiss

~V4M~

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked at the G2 system at www.seriousauto.com . It`s a 2 part high temp epoxy for $42.00.

Wonder what Home Depot has for that kinda money?
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Now:

Got just what you need. Bought this stuff for my Vette several months ago, and great results. Good people to deal with too.

http://xmotorsports.com/braking/
    2001 Torch Red Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    www.cfimotorsports.com has the Foliatec kit for $29.95 plus s&h. I rcvd my order four days after ordering.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the G2 system(ordered before I saw post on where to get foliatec).

Ill post a pic of my car when I finish cleaning it up, and putting on clear corners, paint calipers etc.

the old owner obviously was not an autopian and didnt care about swirls.

The car is in good condition, just swirled.

Thanks for all the replies.
    2002 BMW M3

2000 BMW 328i

2000 BMW 323ci

1994 BMW 325is

Post Thanks / Like
    and will be doing the wife`s 330Ci with Black shortly. It went on very easily and has held up really well. Just hose it off with water and poof....clean as new!:xyxthumbs

Thread Information