Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

Just got back from a nice I-CAR bodyshop that uses Spies Hecker paints. Was looking through a brochure on the paint when I came across this:

You dont need to polish and wax this paint. The high quality and gloss is best protected without any other chemical over it.

Do other paint manufacturers recommend the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    is typically used by German Automobile manufacturers. I had some body damage to my front fender, which was repainted with Spies Hecker paint (BMW paint was a bit too pricey for such a small area). I asked them a number of times if I needed to wait to wax or polish the car.

The body shop (which is a reputable one) stated that I needed to wait about a month to allow the paint to fully cure. This was late last year that I had this work done.

If the information that you saw is from the company, I am perplexed. I wonder if they have something special in their paint. Maybe some kind of compound? Keep me posted.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe they want your paint to fade and become damaged so you have to pay for a repaint...
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know, it sounds too good to be true and we all know how that usally ends. Sure, you probaly don`t need to detail your car and the gloss will shine ALOT longer but I am doubtful that swirl marks are harder to induce and I know no matter what you use, wax will 99.99% of the time make something that is shiny a little more shiny....

Just like the swirl removal, oxidation removal, polish and wax products. Sure they perform well but not as the good old basic`s.

I don`t know though, I`m always open to something new.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn`t sound to me like they are saying no to wax per se. What it sounds like they are saying is "This paint won`t fade or swirl easily." They are just saying you don`t HAVE to polish and wax it to keep the looks up. You can say that for any automotive paint IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with what you guys are saying, but, this is STRAIGHT from their informative pamphlet. Look closely at the second sentence.

<strong class=`bbc`>You dont need to polish and wax this paint. The high quality and gloss is best protected without any other chemical over it. [/b]

That implies to me that they are saying the paint will look the best (gloss) and be best protected without any wax/sealant on top of it.

Of course, if I get that paint on my car, Im going to keep doing things like normal. It was just something interesting I came across so I thought I would share.

What does PPG or DuPont say??

Thread Information