Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to both the Autopia forums - what`s the difference? Are these sponsored by HD and Blackfire brands and hence separate forms?

Post Thanks / Like

Two different forums. `Different companies. `Long story.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the original Autopia that dates back to around 2001 or 2000 iirc.

The other one is a corny clone owned by autogeek.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to say there aren`t good folks on the other one, there are, a lot of people here - post there too. But, you`ll get more of the autogeek brands are the best vibe over there. They own it so would you expect otherwise?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Was a lurker here for many years just looking at the Click n Brags and finally joined last year. `Your best bet is to join and follow all the detailing forums around and then try to gauge your opinion on products, methods, and whatever else. `Just being a member of Autopia and nowhere else wouldn`t be the best strategy, just as being a member of only the PBMG forums wouldn`t be best.

`

I visit all of these:

`

Autopia.org

Autogeekonline.net - PBMG owned

Autopiaforums.com - PBMG owned

DetailingBliss.com

Live2Detail.com

DetailingWorld.co.uk

CarProForum.com

`

Many of the same people are on all of these forums, each is different in it`s own way.

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia.org is the oldest and largest detailing forum on the net. Unfortunately, AutoGeek aka PBMA didn`t get the nod years ago when they were interested in buying the forum, so they decided to buy a run down forum called Detail City instead. They then had a clever idea to rename it Autopia Forums and basically copy our entire layout including banner picture (Porsche & Palm Trees) to lure people into thinking that their forum was the original one. There is a behind the scenes battle going on that should hopefully come to an end soon, but unfortunately the damage has already been done. Anyone that has followed the underhanded tactics of AutoGeek/PBMA can totally understand that this type of behavior is pretty typical to them.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I browse a few detailing forums from time to time, but this one is by far my favorite and the one I call home

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Autopia.org is the oldest and largest detailing forum on the net. Unfortunately, AutoGeek aka PBMA didn`t get the nod years ago when they were interested in buying the forum, so they decided to buy a run down forum called Detail City instead. They then had a clever idea to rename it Autopia Forums and basically copy our entire layout including banner picture (Porsche & Palm Trees) to lure people into thinking that their forum was the original one. There is a behind the scenes battle going on that should hopefully come to an end soon, but unfortunately the damage has already been done. Anyone that has followed the underhanded tactics of AutoGeek/PBMA can totally understand that this type of behavior is pretty typical to them.`

`

I suppose this is why any mention of 3D/HD on the PBMG forums is akin to screaming "bomb!" on an airplane. Its kind of a shame because both companies could benefit from each other in ways.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark

I suppose this is why any mention of 3D/HD on the PBMG forums is akin to screaming "bomb!" on an airplane. Its kind of a shame because both companies could benefit from each other in ways.
    One of the reasons I don`t go on that forum a ton. I hate having to limit discussion to their products

Post Thanks / Like

As zerix says, if you want varied experiences and opinions, visit multiple detailing forums. You have to accept that just in life there is some animosity.

`

They make more than one flavor of kool-aid for a reason,

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

WTF man?! `Nothing`s changed with that company I see. `Throw out all morals to make a buck. `

Post Thanks / Like

Reason I`ve been here 13 years is its the most unbiased forum from the moderation standpoint. As long as you aren`t spamming the forum, you can talk about any product line.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    This is THE best car care forum ....period, end of discussion, and we all know why.

Post Thanks / Like

`

`

`

`

`?`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleGrandpa

This is THE best car care forum ....period, end of discussion, and we all know why.

`

`absolutely agreed!!!`

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information