Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

Ive been pretty quiet on the board over winter but what a surprise once I started catching up! I bought my PC 7424XP just over a year ago and used it a whopping 2 times. The machine also is totally obsolete now from the sounds of it. So my questions today are as follows: is the GG6 V3 reliable now as I understand the GG line had problems in the past. Seems that the hyped up Meg`s G110V2 no longer gets much love on here either? I`m in Canada so the 3D/HF polisher seems out of reach. Also the Rupes and Flex continue to be out of my price range as the machine is for personal use only. So my question for you guys is...do I keep the PC or do I sell it and upgrade to a new unit? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, grab a GG6 or maybe even something nicer like a Rupes. If you are not doing it for money and use the machine for a quick polish every six months or so, its a waste of money.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are only doing this on the weekends every few months then don`t be like me and find yourself with a Rupes 15, Makita rotary, GG6/3 and no cars to use them on because they are already swirl free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, grab a GG6 or maybe even something nicer like a Rupes. If you are not doing it for money and use the machine for a quick polish every six months or so, its a waste of money.

Interesting input thanks. So the PC is still a viable polisher for cutting and polishing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanRSX
    Interesting input thanks. So the PC is still a viable polisher for cutting and polishing?

With 5.5" pads, it`ll do just about anything. The GG6 is a bit too powerful, it burns smaller pads if you aren`t careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    With 5.5" pads, it`ll do just about anything. The GG6 is a bit too powerful, it burns smaller pads if you aren`t careful.

Thanks Dan I have 5.5 inch pads but haven`t used them yet. Hope to see some good cutting with them soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your PC is working fine, I don`t think going to the Griots is enough of an upgrade to spend the money on. If it was dead, yeah, replace it with the Griots.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d agree with Dan about burning pads. If you`re not careful the pads can get HOT. I had one disintegrate on me and fly apart into a bunch of pieces when I first got the machine. (Luckily only damaged the pad not the paint :/)

Post Thanks / Like
    CleanRSX- Regulars here know that I`m not a fan of the PC, even the XP model. And I *am* a big fan of the GG unit. BUT...by the sound of it, I don`t think you need to upgrade unless you have some issue with the XP.

It`s easy to let all the internet chatter convice ya that yesterday`s hotness is now obsolete, but IMO it`s all about how something`s working *for you*, how well it suits *your* needs/wants.

My polishers are "obsolete" (scare-quotes intentional ) compared to say... a set of Rupes polishers, but I`m still doing fine with what I have so I have no reason to upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    CleanRSX- Regulars here know that I`m not a fan of the PC, even the XP model. And I *am* a big fan of the GG unit. BUT...by the sound of it, I don`t think you need to upgrade unless you have some issue with the XP.

It`s easy to let all the internet chatter convice ya that yesterday`s hotness is now obsolete, but IMO it`s all about how something`s working *for you*, how well it suits *your* needs/wants.

My polishers are "obsolete" (scare-quotes intentional ) compared to say... a set of Rupes polishers, but I`m still doing fine with what I have so I have no reason to upgrade.

Thanks for the input, especially from you. I will keep the PC for now but if I manage to re-coup my costs through a private sale I will pick up a GG!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a PC 7424, a GG polisher, a Cyclo, and an old school style Dewalt rotary. I know there are latest and greatest DAs and rotaries out there, including that Italian one, but for me I`m fine with what I have. My object is to wash and detail in a way to not instill marring so I very rarely have to use my polishers. I`v been doing well with that for several years now. My `10 Accord has never seen a spinning polishing pad .
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    My `10 Accord has never seen a spinning polishing pad .

Autopian heresy at its finest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much to correct, so I do everything by hand. I could attempt jeweling for the sake of it, I`m really unsure if it would be worth my effort though. Oh and Dan, thanks to your reviews in the past, I`m a CG 50/50 man. I do like the look it gives! :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    Nothing much to correct, so I do everything by hand. I could attempt jeweling for the sake of it, I`m really unsure if it would be worth my effort though. Oh and Dan, thanks to your reviews in the past, I`m a CG 50/50 man. I do like the look it gives! :up

I always wait too long, then when I do polish I wonder why I didn`t do it earler. GC50/50 is a very remarkable product. Huge wow factor on a variety of paints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh, 99% of my correction these days is just spot-work with my 3" pneumatic.

One of these days I`d redo something front-to-back with Polish or PO85rd or something and yeah, I`ll be amazed how much better it looks, but as I keep saying... "Life`s not a car show".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information