Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I`m in a body shop and i`ve finally mastered using Meguiars 105/205 3M UF.

(About 95 percent correction) which I think is ok for a body shop.

Anyway, it took me awhile to do it, but now I`ve seen alot of Menzerna. And i`ve gotten curious unfortunately. Should I stick to what I`m using now? Or is Menzerna worth the switch?

(Keep in mind, this is for a body shop, so needs to be safe for one, not sure if Menzerna is)

What are some pro`s/con`s of menzerna compared to the one,two punch of Meguiars?

thanks guys!

EDIT, just saw Optimum Hyper compound/polish, read some pretty good things about it. Anyone who has used this for wetsanding, please chime in!

Post Thanks / Like
    It never hurts to have 2-3 different brands of polishes on hand. While your paint hardness may be consistent, if you aren`t doing a full repaint, it could be something else would work better on the original paint.

The new Optimum polishes are really good, Hyper Compound will remove wetsanding marks with a foam cutting pad or foamed wool pads. Best part is the lack of dust and long work time. Also has a very good feel with a rotary, like you are polishing on ball bearings.

I haven`t used many Menzerna products and none lately so others will have to chime in on that.

Another product work trying out is 3M Ultrafina, aka Ultra Fine Machine Polish #06068 along with the blue Ultrafina waffle finishing pad. You want hologram free for sure? That`s the product.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks scott. wow, this Optimum stuff must be THAT good huh?

i just can`t beleive how good a "spray" compound can be for correcting wet-sanding.

I`m going to probably try it. Just want to hear some more responses about it.

And yea, that 3m UF is good stuff. I MADE sure my dad bought it for the shop.

Scott, could you compare the OHC stuff to the meguiars 105/205 combo at all?

thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will agree that the OHC and OHP does a great job on wetsanding. Check out the link I have included below, where I have posted some pics of a Lexus that needed some wetsanding and was polished out with the OHC and OHP. These do have a long work time, similar to that of HD UNO. It polishes out very nicely, and almost LSP ready with a foam pad. As far as the Menz products, I also use SIP, IP and 85RD, which are also very good products. The work time is not nearly as long, though, but produce very similar results and contain no silicone. Here is the link to a wetsand that I did using the OHC Spray and OHP Spray. Just scroll down to my post and you will see the results.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...etsanding.html
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I switched to GTechniq P1, for a body shop, System 51 is also a good option.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    any pics? ^

Post Thanks / Like
    Solokeeper,

you could find the detailed review of Optimum Hyper Compound, here Review - Optimum Hyper Compound & Polish Sprays

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solekeeper
    wow, this Optimum stuff must be THAT good huh?

solekeeper - you should really look into the Optimum offerings at your shop. The spray system will definately impact your shop environment. Think of the cutting power of M105 with longer work times via rotary.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solekeeper
    any pics? ^

There are some Youtube videos on GTechniq P1. Which is now my go to product.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    sparking detail, thanks for the link.

that guy said it wasn`t too good for major correction though, and doesn`t cut like m105.

I need that, because I sand all my panels with 2k. (Body shop)

I pm`ed david, he`s used everything, so I`ll see what he can come up with.

Post Thanks / Like
    solekeeper - you really need to spring for some Optimum. It will easily cut through 2000 grit scratches and I`ve been told it can even go after 1500 grit marring with a little more elbow grease. Works great with a wool pad and depending on your paint you can go right to their spray polish and you`re done. Much longer working times than Meg`s 105 w/o surface skidding. I have 1st hand info that these 2 products are a hit in body shop settings and I`m sure they`d work in yours too. Give them a try. They are in the process of bringing to market a paste version of these sprays also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    solekeeper - you really need to spring for some Optimum. It will easily cut through 2000 grit scratches and I`ve been told it can even go after 1500 grit marring with a little more elbow grease. Works great with a wool pad and depending on your paint you can go right to their spray polish and you`re done. Much longer working times than Meg`s 105 w/o surface skidding. I have 1st hand info that these 2 products are a hit in body shop settings and I`m sure they`d work in yours too. Give them a try. They are in the process of bringing to market a paste version of these sprays also.

Cool! Maybe I`m just old school but I don`t like the sprays, even though the product works well.

Post Thanks / Like
    guess I will buy this optimum compound and polish. I just ordered some stuff of autogeek too.

David, what pads do you recommend using them with?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can use a 3M wool pad for the Compound and quite possibly a white LC for the finishing Polish depending on how soft your clear is. Make sure to spur your wool pads of the dust/debris as it can affect the finishing power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Cool! Maybe I`m just old school but I don`t like the sprays, even though the product works well.

Real time saver, no more putting dots or X`s or whatever on the pad or paint. Sprtiz and polish. Reduces waste as well. I initially thought it was a bit gimmicky but after using both products a few times, I appreciate the convenience of the polishes being in spray form. Primes the pad better too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information