Post Thanks / Like
    So i have no idea how to stuff got on my car but the WHOLE damn car is covered in this ****. its ultra tiny squares of metallic stuff similar to females makeup glitter http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/...12636_hero.jpg

i washed the car twice but it wouldnt budge. then i tried claying with sonus green ultra fine but all the clay did was move it around.

the thing is i can move the tiny pieces around with my fingernail when i scratched the surface, but it refuses to lift and caused my paint to marr ugh

solutions?

Post Thanks / Like
    NEVER park in the front row at the titty bar. Thus concludes your lesson in stripped glitter prevention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds to me like industrial fallout. Do you live or work near a factory that may emit such debris?? I am still wondering why clay won`t "peel" this off. Could the particles be statically charged?? You may need to electrically ground the body of the car to neutralize the charge. Have you tried washing/rinsing with de-ionized water?? (I`m just guessing)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    Sounds to me like industrial fallout. Do you live or work near a factory that may emit such debris?? I am still wondering why clay won`t "peel" this off. Could the particles be statically charged?? You may need to electrically ground the body of the car to neutralize the charge. Have you tried washing/rinsing with de-ionized water?? (I`m just guessing)

i tink its def industrial fallout my parents drove my car to the factory the other day:nixweiss

my foamster II just arrived and i gave my car the snow foam treatment. didnt seem to work. how would distilled water help? i`d try grounding it later

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007TBSS
    NEVER park in the front row at the titty bar. Thus concludes your lesson in stripped glitter prevention.

And I thought this had something to do with the Chemical Guy`s Stripper Scent...my bad.

But to the OP--since you just got your foam gun...are you sure you don`t just have metallic paint and you didn`t know it until you washed the car thoroughly?

But seriously--what happens if you wipe the surface (gently) with some QD and a MF? Does it at least come off?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2007TBSS

hehe if only stripper bars were legal here

Post Thanks / Like
    sestec- qd and mf wouldnt even touch it. the mf would just glide over the stuff. if i used my fingernails to try and remove it the result was only marred paint

thanks for the help people problem solved! its seems the maxi sud II i used in the foam gun didnt cut it. so i pour a whole 16oz bottle of citrus wash gloss in the foam gun and it took the stuff right off

Thread Information