Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using zymol cleaner wax on my motorcycle, car, and truck for a while now. I really like it so far, except if you let it dry too long, it`s really difficult to polish off. Anyone else have opinions on this product? I really like the way it makes the orange paint on my bike "pop" in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I originally bought it because of the smell. lol

It`s not too bad of a product. Some hate it, but I happen to like it when I tried it. While I very rarely use it now, I will shake it up, and have a quick sniff every now and then. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you like the way it works, then thats all that matters.

It does smell like something that Id like to eat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was ok but only a little better than Megs Gold Class on my VW. You have to do the water mist step after it cures though IMO to really bring out the shine. However on my silver/grey paint I could always detect a slight greenish/turquoise tint when I used it.

I`ve since switched to multiple layers of Klasse SG with a top coat of Wolfgang DG Sealant. This looks like a coat of glass!

Even just the Wolfgang DGS will give you much more gloss than the Zymol, I think you`ll like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang? I`ll look it up. There is a professional detail supply store in the area. I might swing by and see what they have. I bought they Zymol at Autozone. I`ve liked the Zymol and also Mother`s products in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very difficult to remove, stains trim, dusts like crazy...what`s not to like? Actually, I used to use this stuff about 10-15 years ago. Back then, I thought it was great. However, that`s when I though all wax was difficult to remove, stained trim, and dusted. You can probably find Duragloss or Collinite locally -- which would be much better.
    - `10 Ford Focus SES: commuter car

- `09 Chrysler Aspen Hemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreit01
    Very difficult to remove, stains trim, dusts like crazy...what`s not to like? Actually, I used to use this stuff about 10-15 years ago. Back then, I thought it was great. However, that`s when I though all wax was difficult to remove, stained trim, and dusted. You can probably find Duragloss or Collinite locally -- which would be much better.

Agree, so much better stuff is available OTC for the same price or less. Collinite and Duragloss are good choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you read the directions on the bottle it says not to let it dry at all. as soon as you wipe it on you have to wipe it right off or else you will be chipping it off instead of wiping it off. I used to use it quite a bit but i have found many better products. I really like black fire wet diamond but that is a sealant.
    Chris, 1996 Black Camaro Z28 con muchos swirls

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the Zymol car wash shampoo that they used to sell OTC along side the cleaner wax. It was really slick, smelled great, and cleaned well. I haven`t seen it around in years.

Post Thanks / Like
    the zymol cleaner wax is made by turtlewax last I checked.

i have used it, not that impressed with it. I prefer meguiars cleaner wax over it...that is, comparing OTC products.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be why we sometimes like to call it Zurtlewax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I liked the Zymol car wash shampoo that they used to sell OTC along side the cleaner wax. It was really slick, smelled great, and cleaned well. I haven`t seen it around in years.

I`m still using some! I`ve had it for years. I bought a gallon of it at Big Lots for $2.99. I love the smell, and it has nice suds. Overall, I think DG`s wash is much better (although I do not like "cherries").
    - `10 Ford Focus SES: commuter car

- `09 Chrysler Aspen Hemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreit01
    I`m still using some! I`ve had it for years. I bought a gallon of it at Big Lots for $2.99. I love the smell, and it has nice suds. Overall, I think DG`s wash is much better (although I do not like "cherries").

Yes the Duragloss is better IMO but the Zymol is nice to.

Thread Information