Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    To start off, I`m certainly not a detailing expert. I have been using the regular P21S for years but I am currently out. I am considering getting the new P21S 100% or take the plunge and get some swissvax. Is there a noticeable difference between the two as far as appearance and durability? I plan on using 1Z glanz with a top coat of either P21S 100% or swissvax.

Post Thanks / Like
    No experience with swissvax, but here`s a couple shots of P21S 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    No experience with Swissvax, but here`s a couple shots of P21S100%. Swissvax is next on my list to try, just a little pricey.

Post Thanks / Like
    No experience with Swissvax, but here`s a couple of shots of P21S100%. Swissvax is next on my list to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    No experience with Swissvax, but here`s a couple shots of P21S100%. Swissvax is next on my list, but a little pricey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to deceive you but a wax made for a certain make is pure nonsense. Excellent result and work though

Post Thanks / Like
    HOVY, your not quite right. On the face of it i see what your saying and once a guy wrote that it cant be right that a wax was specific to a paintwork (technicially)

He missed the point! Its not the paint as in the chemical that is what it is made for but actutally the predominant colours/style.

Can this be right? Can this be true? Well it was when Zymol were the rage back in the 1990s.

Let me try and explain; Different types of cars, generally have or have had specific colours which make alot of the cars sold. Now ok, in the USA white is popular more so then anywhere else.

Take the Ital for example, its from Zymol and its designed with Ferarris in mind. Its not so much the Ferarri paintwork, but the colours....what are the most popular colours for Ferarris i wonder....red, yellow....black....all colours which would benefit HEAVILY from a wax which has lots of oils. Take the way Souveran works as an example. Try CK Yellow Moose, this would give a similar effect.

Think Jap cars, in there general there modern iconic colours (atleast where i am) seem to be heavy flake, metalic or pearl. These cars would benefit from a "thin, wet style" look. This will give a thin, crisp layer of reflection with alot with different oils to the soild colour designed waxes. The oils in this product are more akin to say RMG, where you are getting an enhancement of metalic and pearl pop.

So then on say the BMW, the iconic and popular colours for BMW are black, that "inky" blue and here you will see the BMW/German car orientated waxes aimed at giving a bright, richness of colour on these solid colours. Not to mention, German cars tend to have a large of amount of flat panels in there design, which really allow for bright, rich colours to come through. This would be akin to alot of the German waxes P21s 100% as posted above, also Autoglym HD Wax (German cars are huge sellers in the UK).

Obviously you can order just about any car in any colour, how ever most often we see cars in there "iconic" colours or styles. These "dedicated" waxes, from Zymol at therefore i suspect heavily Swissvax are based around the idea which i posted above.

Certantly if you ever spoke with the Zymol guys back in the 1990`s this was the idea. Now they have plenty of other waxes in there and Carbon and Creme are similar to Japon, the Volvo one etc.

Destiny was designed to give a wet look, but not so wet and so candy coated that it would detract from the show cars it was designed for and would still allow the cars shape and design to come through. Often over "candy coating" can reduce the sharpness of the designs and no longer compliment the ride.

Well anyways....! As far as i know from the people who made the waxes (and i have posted this before a number of sites including here, with little opposition) above is the idea behind the names. So if you gone for a colour true to the brand then you are likely to benefit from a wax dedicated to it.

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Legacy99, nice work that looks good!

Post Thanks / Like
    ihave both p21s and p21s100 IMHO original p21s wetter glossier than p21s100% but p21s100% more durable than original p21.

p21s100% good on dark colour make car darker .

in my colection i have swissvax bos and zymol glasur ...BOS very nice wax great smell and bring very good result ...zymol glasur wetter than original p21swax and bring same level of gloss make car very bright .

swissvax BOS better than p21s100% by far ..
    "NO QUALITY NO CHANCE"

TOYOTA MR2 1990

D.CHARGER 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    For the money, you`ll have a tough time beating the look of P21S 100%.

Mi dos pesos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwind101

Geoff

Well Geoff, I wish to first of all, thank you for your reply. Rare are the people who take the time to actually post a complete answer like yours.

Your answer enlightened me on the confusion I had regarding waxes. Now that I think about all the things you said, it makes sense: the concentration of oils, etc for a specific type of paint more than specific type of make.

See, when I read that a wax is made for, let`s say BMW, what comes to my mind is: BMW uses 9 layers of paint at their factory and a wax was developed accordingly to that process. The way I should have thought about it should have been: the wax is developed based on the nature of the paint: sparkles, color type, value of paint?, etc.

All this makes sense.

Now, I am still debating on whether I should use a wax or a synthetic sealant for my car or cars I will detail (friend`s and family`s). It`s weird to say but synthetic sealant reminds of of robots, advanced technology, lack of passion while a wax is in my mind a natural based product, thus passion, warmth and connection. I know: it`s weird. I am not sure how a sealant makes the car look but I know they`re durable.

The other aspect of the sealant/wax debate is the durability. I constantly see reviews on waxes where at the final step of the detailing process, the detailer pours water on the car to show the great beading ability. Yes, but how long does that last? A day? A week? I am looking for something that will last at least a good month to 2 months.

You mentioned the various types of waxes available. I also wish to use only one or two waxes: 1 for light colors and 1 for dark colors. I don`t intend to have a collection of waxes. Let`s make life easier, not more complicated.

Finally, what do you suggest for a Ice Metallic Audi R8?

Once again, many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwind101
    HOVY, your not quite right. On the face of it i see what your saying and once a guy wrote that it cant be right that a wax was specific to a paintwork (technicially)

He missed the point! Its not the paint as in the chemical that is what it is made for but actutally the predominant colours/style.

Can this be right? Can this be true? Well it was when Zymol were the rage back in the 1990s.

Let me try and explain; Different types of cars, generally have or have had specific colours which make alot of the cars sold. Now ok, in the USA white is popular more so then anywhere else.

Take the Ital for example, its from Zymol and its designed with Ferarris in mind. Its not so much the Ferarri paintwork, but the colours....what are the most popular colours for Ferarris i wonder....red, yellow....black....all colours which would benefit HEAVILY from a wax which has lots of oils. Take the way Souveran works as an example. Try CK Yellow Moose, this would give a similar effect.

Think Jap cars, in there general there modern iconic colours (atleast where i am) seem to be heavy flake, metalic or pearl. These cars would benefit from a "thin, wet style" look. This will give a thin, crisp layer of reflection with alot with different oils to the soild colour designed waxes. The oils in this product are more akin to say RMG, where you are getting an enhancement of metalic and pearl pop.

So then on say the BMW, the iconic and popular colours for BMW are black, that "inky" blue and here you will see the BMW/German car orientated waxes aimed at giving a bright, richness of colour on these solid colours. Not to mention, German cars tend to have a large of amount of flat panels in there design, which really allow for bright, rich colours to come through. This would be akin to alot of the German waxes P21s 100% as posted above, also Autoglym HD Wax (German cars are huge sellers in the UK).

Obviously you can order just about any car in any colour, how ever most often we see cars in there "iconic" colours or styles. These "dedicated" waxes, from Zymol at therefore i suspect heavily Swissvax are based around the idea which i posted above.

Certantly if you ever spoke with the Zymol guys back in the 1990`s this was the idea. Now they have plenty of other waxes in there and Carbon and Creme are similar to Japon, the Volvo one etc.

Destiny was designed to give a wet look, but not so wet and so candy coated that it would detract from the show cars it was designed for and would still allow the cars shape and design to come through. Often over "candy coating" can reduce the sharpness of the designs and no longer compliment the ride.

Well anyways....! As far as i know from the people who made the waxes (and i have posted this before a number of sites including here, with little opposition) above is the idea behind the names. So if you gone for a colour true to the brand then you are likely to benefit from a wax dedicated to it.

Geoff

It`s still going too far claiming a wax is made for a specific brand of vehicle, if it was labeled for dark, light, metallic, etc.. colors that`s fine but saying it`s for BMW is just BS. As you mentioned you can get a BMW in any color.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no expert, but on top of color, I think different waxes work better on different types of paint of the same color on different cars.

Jet black is not the same for different makes of cars, clearcote can be thinner or thicker, etc.

You might find one type of wax works better on a Nissan jet black as opposed to a BMW jet black.

The tough part is find the best sealant/wax for your make and color of car - and that`s how the makers of these products make a lot of money off us as we try and find it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103
    I`m no expert, but on top of color, I think different waxes work better on different types of paint of the same color on different cars.

Jet black is not the same for different makes of cars, clearcote can be thinner or thicker, etc.

You might find one type of wax works better on a Nissan jet black as opposed to a BMW jet black.

The tough part is find the best sealant/wax for your make and color of car - and that`s how the makers of these products make a lot of money off us as we try and find it!

So we should trust what the maker of the wax thinks looks good? Do they think the sealant or carnauba look is better? Is depth, slickness, or durability most important? Its basically just their opinion of what they think looks good, so I still don`t see how it can be vehicle specific. I may think a "Volvo" wax looks better on a BMW but that`s just how I see it, so I wouldn`t go by what someone else thinks looks right.

Post Thanks / Like
    omfg another wax thread... it`s *all* in the prep... go with P21S to save some cash and you`ll be fine and your paint will look great.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information