Post Thanks / Like
    I searched and saw lots of threads on hail damage from large hail, ie, enough to cause dents. What about from hail the size of water drops? I got caught in one today on my way to a doctor`s appointment; considered turning back to my office (we have garaged parking at work) and coughing up the cancellation fee, but then thought that I`d eventually get hit by hail, so might as well tough it out and not let my car own me.

There are not dents that I Can see, but I wonder if it scratched the paint; I had 4-5 coats of Zaino on the car, but who knows how effective if at all that is against hail. I`ll have to wait for a sunny day to see the damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hail does not scratch your paint, so you have nothing to worry about in that respect. I`d look really close to make sure there are not any dents though.....Sun can actually make it harder to see hail damage, Next time you`re in your parking structure, take a look.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Hail does not scratch your paint, so you have nothing to worry about in that respect. I`d look really close to make sure there are not any dents though.....Sun can actually make it harder to see hail damage, Next time you`re in your parking structure, take a look.

Wow, so you can get dents from raindrop sized hail? I had no idea. Now I wish I had coughed up the cancellation fee and turned back. I gave the car a once over outside from various angles (it was cloudy) and couldn`t see anything. Will need to wait for the rain water to dry off I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it wasnt any bigger than pea-sized hail you shouldnt have any problems unless the sheet metal is just really thin.

Ive had my Jeep in hail storms many of time but theyve never been bigger than pea-sized hail.
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04
    If it wasnt any bigger than pea-sized hail you shouldnt have any problems unless the sheet metal is just really thin.

Ive had my Jeep in hail storms many of time but theyve never been bigger than pea-sized hail.

They were about pea sized or smaller. Checked the car out again today. There are no dents that I can see in the metal, but I noticed that he hood and roof did not have perfect reflections. I`m not sure if it`s because of:

1) Orange peel that I just hadn`t noticed before

2) Caked dust from rain/melted rain that is distorting the reflection

or the worst:

3) Pitting in the CC caused by hail.

Can hail not cause pits in the CC, even if it does not dent the sheet metal?

Thread Information