Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone. I`ve been a member for a few months now and finally decided to post after reading for hours upon end. My wife and I just recently purchased an 07 Saturn Aura. The car is in great shape, but the paint is in especially good shape, which is good for me. So now I want to try to get everything protected and I want to make sure I`m on the right track. I`ve got some NXT 2.0 so I plan on using that for the LSP but I`m wondering what needs to go in between. I`m going to check it out to see if I need to clay but most likely I will to make sure it`s good. Then I think I read you should do a "cleaner wax" after the clay. Then I was wanting suggestions on if I should put a glaze/polish in before the NXT or if it`s not really needed? If I could find the products suggested in a store that would be cool too. Basically I want to get it protected and then I`ll plan on doing my normal washing very frequently and layering the sealant as often as I can. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to mention I`ll be doing the work by hand. would love to get a DA but right now I don`t have the cash. I`m saving up for one. Just thought that detail might help with suggestions as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Slow down bud.

Only clay if you have to, there is the potential for inducing marring there.

For now, you can absolutely get away with just washing after claying and going straight to your NXT 2.0.

Regarding layering sealants as often as you can...you can only layer so much before nothing is being achieved. If you could add another coat of NXT 2.0 once a month you`d probably be absolutely fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the helpful info there. Maybe this is a dumb question but it`s something I`ve wondered for a while. I know about "fillers" and how people say they just wear off as to why they don`t want fillers in something, but are these "fillers" in a lsp that they are speaking of? I`m only assuming that because in my mind I would think that if you had a glaze that had fillers in it, couldn`t you just put an lsp over the top and then it wouldn`t "wear" off, only the lsp would, and if you could keep up on that then you wouldn`t be wearing off the glaze. Like I said, just something I`ve always wondered since I`ve been learning about all of this stuff.

And yes I will check on the claying to see if it needs it or not.

Any more suggestions are of course welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a zip lock bag and run your fingers lightly on the paint. If you feel bumps or ridges you need to clay. Take your car in direct sun light and look at the panels at different angles. If you see swirls or marring then you need to polish. That would mean you need to get a DA polisher.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT 2.0 is a great sealant. It has fillers but it also has some mild cleaners from what i`ve heard so it will remove the layer before it. Just wash, clay and seal it. Should look great.
    -Justin

Thread Information