Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know someone is a dedicated Zaino user. So... this is the plan, get the UDM and some pads/bonnets.... and then get the Zaino ZKIT-2...Probably going to get teh AIO and PC when I order the pack from Zaino...unless it comes with them, I can`t remember right now.

My BROAD questions are... Do you think this is a good combo? What order should I use them in and What pads/bonnets do I use and when?

OR

Am I dumb for getting that package? if you think so then tell me some good products that are equivalent to those products @ or around the same price..

Again thanks for helpin a newb out.

Logan

2006 Phantom Black Metallic GTO

Black Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    All depends also on the condition of your finish. If it`s in good shape, by all means get the ZAIO. Great polish AND sealant in one step. You could also go with Z-CS as well on top of the ZAIO. Then, to keep it looking good, Z6 QD spray and for those times you want it to really stand out, Z8 Grand Finale spray.

Zaino still has the previous step products (Z5-Pro Z2-Pro and ZFX) but now, you can go right from polish to protection in the same time! Add the CS for more durability, keep it clean with Z6 and you`re good to go! Z8 just adds that nice look.

Personally, I use Z5/Z2 Pro`s with ZFX layered 3 times for each application and Z6 between coats. I`m from the old school of Zaino and that`s the way I learned it. Looks good, lasts a damn long time.

So, to answer your question, yes the ZAIO will do wonders and with Z-CS will just make it last even longer!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a zaino fan and have a wide variaty of their products but never bought Z6. I usually do 2-3 coats of ZFX`d Z2 or Z5pro followed by CS and Z8. After I let each coat of sealant cure for about 20mins or so I just buff off and re apply another one, will the Z6 wipedown in between coats make any difference in the end finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z6 between coats aides in application and the ability for each coat to layer a bit better and have a clearer effect on the finish. Z6 is more of a cleaner type QD whereas Z8 is a true "bling" QD.

Here`s a tip: If you mix your Z5-Pro or Z2-Pro with ZFX, add a small spritz of Z8 into the mixing bottle. Shake really well for a minute till fully mixed, then let it sit as you "prep" the finish with a Z6 wipedown. Mist a little Z6 on your applicator pad, then start applying your mixed Z5-Pro/ZFX or Z2-Pro/ZFX very very thin as always.

Do this between coats (z6) makes it look brighter, more clear and just adds in ease of application. You just want very light applications of Z6, nothing heavy.

Save the Z8 for when it`s fully cured, then lightly mist (I use a very fine misting spray bottle for this-the finer the mist then better) Z8 onto the finish and lightly wipe.

This brings out the best in Zaino. Z8 is the real icing on the cake. No wonder why Sal Zaino calls Z8 Grande Finale spray, as that`s just what it is! If you live on the east coast and delt in the fireworks trades as I have, you`ll know the effect of a Grucci Grand Finale which was their signature effect on all shows. That`s what Z8 can do!:grinno:

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaio is a great all around product for cleaning and sealing. Top with Z2pro and touch up with Z8. ZPC is great for swirl remover.

Post Thanks / Like
    so if you zaino what do you buff with? MF or Cotton? Bonnet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan06GTO
    so if you zaino what do you buff with? MF or Cotton? Bonnet?

Nice, soft, MF.

My only Zaino tip, be reasonable with the application, don`t labor through a rigorous process, keep it simple, K.I.S.S.

I wouldn`t fret about layer after layer after layer. Just add a coat every month or so.

Zaino is just like anyother sealant, anyone who tells you different, well............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski
    Z6 between coats aides in application and the ability for each coat to layer a bit better and have a clearer effect on the finish. Z6 is more of a cleaner type QD whereas Z8 is a true "bling" QD.

Here`s a tip: If you mix your Z5-Pro or Z2-Pro with ZFX, add a small spritz of Z8 into the mixing bottle. Shake really well for a minute till fully mixed, then let it sit as you "prep" the finish with a Z6 wipedown. Mist a little Z6 on your applicator pad, then start applying your mixed Z5-Pro/ZFX or Z2-Pro/ZFX very very thin as always.

Do this between coats (z6) makes it look brighter, more clear and just adds in ease of application. You just want very light applications of Z6, nothing heavy.

Save the Z8 for when it`s fully cured, then lightly mist (I use a very fine misting spray bottle for this-the finer the mist then better) Z8 onto the finish and lightly wipe.

This brings out the best in Zaino. Z8 is the real icing on the cake. No wonder why Sal Zaino calls Z8 Grande Finale spray, as that`s just what it is! If you live on the east coast and delt in the fireworks trades as I have, you`ll know the effect of a Grucci Grand Finale which was their signature effect on all shows. That`s what Z8 can do!:grinno:

Regards,

Deanski
    Great write up and explanation. Theres nothing wrong with old school. I do it the same way and have tremendous success. Z6 in between coats makes it flash faster.

What I love about Zaino is it highlights a perfectly prepped vehicle and shows off all the contours like a piece of art. I am always very impressed.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanski

Regards,

Deanski

great post
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys! ya`ll are awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg

What I love about Zaino is it highlights a perfectly prepped vehicle and shows off all the contours like a piece of art. I am always very impressed.

How very true! Zaino highlights quite a bit, so Logan06GTO just try to make sure your finish is as free from defects as possible.

Another reason why the new Z-AIO works well to both remove light defects/marring and adds protection. You can always go and add more Zaino protection such as Z2-Pro or Z-CS.

If you do not use Z-AIO and use other polishes, to be on the safe side, wash the finish with Dawn to strip any oils. This gives the best bond possible for Zaino. Dawn will not harm the finish. Once you get your Zaino on, wash with Zaino Z7 wash which is very good at removing all types of dirt, very slippery stuff!

Don`t forget your wheels! Zaino works really well at protection from brake dust. Easy to wash off the dust once it`s treated.

You should try Z-16 for the tires, really nice dressing!

Tell us how you do and if you run into any issues.

One thing, if you get any streaking while doing Zaino, mix up some Z7 and distilled water in a spray bottle, mist the area that has the streaking and wipe off. Follow with Z6 to remove any residue.

Post some pics too!!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Zaino before the AIO and CS days and I really like the new stuff. I recently purchased a 08 Lexus GS and did the "Ultimate" Zaino application.

I skipped claying because I tried but the car is new and the clay kept staying clean, so I figured it was a waste of time.

Dawn wash, Z-AIO/ZFX, 2 layers of Z-5 Pro/ZFX, 1 layer of Z-2 Pro/ZFX, and Z-CS. Z-6 between all coats and Z-8 wipe down 12 hours later.

Honestly, I can`t tell the difference between this ultimate application, than the old 3 layers of Z5 or Z2. But then again, I never did the old 3 layers on this car. Also, I still can`t tell if Z-8 makes the car look more shiny. It already looks good after all the steps, it honestly looks the same to me after the Z-8.

I do all the steps because over the years, I have all of the products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m kind of a Zaino "old-timer"... Been using it for almost 8 years.

Over those years, I`ve used every Zaino paint protection product there is...

Here`s my opinion. The Zaino Triplets are the way to go. New technology. High tech.

Best shine for the least effort. The combo of those 3 products will make your eyes pop out!!!:bounce

I can do the Triplets on a coupe in 1 hour. (so I do them a lot!)
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster
    I`m kind of a Zaino "old-timer"... Been using it for almost 8 years.

Over those years, I`ve used every Zaino paint protection product there is...

Here`s my opinion. The Zaino Triplets are the way to go. New technology. High tech.

Best shine for the least effort. The combo of those 3 products will make your eyes pop out!!!:bounce

I can do the Triplets on a coupe in 1 hour. (so I do them a lot!)

Just like me and others that are "old school/timers" when it comes to application of Zaino, we tend to see what`s new in Zaino development to make the effort a bit less tedious, and lo and behold, Sal comes up with the resolution!

What`s nice about the newer products is not only can you lightly polish the paint, but add Zaino Show Car Polish in the same steps. Just as Klasse did it, Sal Zaino waited for just the right moment and to have technology take it`s effect as well. Enter Z-AIO, a mild cleanser and sealant together but most important, with that Zaino shine and longevity.

Z-CS, a wonderful idea that others have tried, some work, some do not (wipe on, walk away) type sealants, Sal once again just took his time, worked on the right formula and came up with another winner that adds serious longevity.

Put these to together, and in one day, you have a clean finish with a killer shine with also very little effort.

Z-PC Fusion polish is another polish among many, but if I know Sal, it`s not some half baked effort. I`ve yet to give it a real world try, but I can bet it too will be a winner.

Yea, some of us just can`t seem to put down the Z2-Pro/ZFX mixing bottles some times. Nothing wrong with that.... In fact, it`s my way of spending quality time with my car. It gets me out of the house and away from the wife long enough!!:grinno:

As with any sealant, paint prep is the key. Little or no marring for one and a freshly clean finish free from polishing oils so the sealant can bonds and cure. The cleaner the finish, the better the effect and longevity of the sealant.

I`m sure for those wanting to try Zaino or just want something that will last a long time between sessions, giving Z-AIO and Z-CS with some Z6 and Z8 will be the best way to experience it for themselves. If your finish is free from defects and you`ve polished till your hands bleed, then just use the Z-CS as long as the finish is free from all the oils left over from polishing.

As the weather turns warmer, I`ll be in the garage getting ready as well.

Enjoy your Zaino experience and please post some pics whenever you get finished.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)

Post Thanks / Like
    alright I like that layout, i`m planning on takin 2 days to detail, 1 exterior and 1 interior... good news is I wash in one of the wash stations 25 cent things, then i take it back to the parking garage and detail in the shade...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information