Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Can a member post, or post a link using ONR cleaning wheel wells? I`d like to see how you guys clean the wells vs. using a hose. If I was going to buy ONR, and completly forget about using a hose for good... I`d like to know the steps of giving a complete car wash from the body, to the wheels, all the way up the wheel wells.

I seen clips of people washing with ONR, but I`d like to see how ONR does cleaning the real filthy stuff. Thanks
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    "Ditto". I posted a similar post in a different thread. I`ve used ONR 3 times now. each time gets better. But, IMO, there`s still no replacement for a hose/pressure washer for filthy wheels, tires, and wheel wells. My wash media gets filthy with each ONR wash. It`s a great product, and I will continue to buy/use for winter. But I can`t wait until Spring --- when I can to a "true" (complete) wash again. Currently, I have an old MF wash sponge I have been using for wheels/tires. It`s basically a "throw away" after 1 use. I live in Midwest with contant dirt, salt, and road grime during this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just spray degreaser in the wheel well and then wipe it down with ONR and a MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ That will work, but I`d hate to see that towel afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    who cares, thats what dedicated wheel cleaning towels are for.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, ONR doesnt have any degreasing ability. On sealed and protected wheels that are lightly dirty its alright. However, I clean my wheels and wells with DG 903 shampoo and 1/3 of a GS, then spray them down with my ONR mixture in pesticide sprayer. If the wheels and wells need something stronger like APC, P21S, etc. I just use that as I would normally and rinse off with The ONR mix then wipe em down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    IMO, ONR doesnt have any degreasing ability. On sealed and protected wheels that are lightly dirty its alright. However, I clean my wheels and wells with DG 903 shampoo and 1/3 of a GS, then spray them down with my ONR mixture in pesticide sprayer. If the wheels and wells need something stronger like APC, P21S, etc. I just use that as I would normally and rinse off with The ONR mix then wipe em down.

Plus bugs avoid them like the plague.

LOL
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, I might try that once I finally buy ONR.

My TL goes thru dirt roads on the weekends (GF house) and when I wash my car on a Sunday/Monday, I scrub all my fenders using reg car wash soap and gets them clean. I dress my wheel wells with Black Magic tire shine.

You think if I use a brush and ONR (without drying) do you think that will work on my wells?
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a gallon of water with 2 oz`s of ONR, along with a soft white toilet brush on my tires and wheel wells, followed by an MF for drying and have had no issues. They`re clean and have a nice even sheen to them when I am finished. I then use Meguire`s quick wheel detail mist and the wheels, wells & tires are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TNWIII
    I use a gallon of water with 2 oz`s of ONR, along with a soft white toilet brush on my tires and wheel wells, followed by an MF for drying and have had no issues. They`re clean and have a nice even sheen to them when I am finished. I then use Meguire`s quick wheel detail mist and the wheels, wells & tires are done.

What about your feder wells?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased ONR, so I haven`t had the opportunity to use it, but I`ve read lots of posts on the topic and do not see how ONR will replace the traditional wash with a hose.

I live in the Midwest, and when it snows, my vehicle picks up LOTS of contaminents. I`ve yet to read a post that explains how a wash process with ONR will effectively eliminate these contaminents.

When doing a traditional wash after a snow, I probably flush out 1/2 cup or more of sand/cinders/grit/grime/bake dust from my wheels/rotors/calipers/fender wells. There is simply no way of getting rid of this stuff except with a high pressure stream of water (and lots of it).

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR IMO is not a replacement for the traditional wash. There are places on a car where you simply need water pressure to reach that area and get it clean. While I like ONR and it has its purposes, for me I would personally give up ONR before I gave up the traditional wash with a hose.

Macruz19, have you ever thought about not dressing your wheel wells since you have to drive through a dirt road? It`s only going to make it harder to clean and attract more dust/dirt to the wheel well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    ONR IMO is not a replacement for the traditional wash. There are places on a car where you simply need water pressure to reach that area and get it clean. While I like ONR and it has its purposes, for me I would personally give up ONR before I gave up the traditional wash with a hose.

Macruz19, have you ever thought about not dressing your wheel wells since you have to drive through a dirt road? It`s only going to make it harder to clean and attract more dust/dirt to the wheel well.

I only go thru the dirt road for a total of 10 mins during the week. Not too bad, but when it doesn`t rain for a while, that`s when the problem occurs because the sand is so dry it creates a lot of dust and makes my fenders real dirty.

Other than that, my car is pretty much clean as long as I don`t have to drive through that crap!!

When I do wash my car... I always brush my fenders if it`s real dirty or not. With the tire dressing I use on my fenders... it does collect dust, however I think it`s black... which I want, as lon as it doesn`t look brown from all the dried dirt.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are under water restrictions, so a hose isn`t an option for me. I have a 1 gallon pesticide sprayer that I got at Lowe`s. It will shoot a pretty stout stream. I mix 1 ounce of ONR to 1 gallon of water in the sprayer. I spray the wells with the pesticide sprayer. I also use a toilet brush to get up in the wells, and I will use a towel or sponge in them also, depending on the design of the wells. I then re-rinse the wells with the solution in the pesticide sprayer. They come out pretty clean - I am happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    We are under water restrictions, so a hose isn`t an option for me. I have a 1 gallon pesticide sprayer that I got at Lowe`s. It will shoot a pretty stout stream. I mix 1 ounce of ONR to 1 gallon of water in the sprayer. I spray the wells with the pesticide sprayer. I also use a toilet brush to get up in the wells, and I will use a towel or sponge in them also, depending on the design of the wells. I then re-rinse the wells with the solution in the pesticide sprayer. They come out pretty clean - I am happy with them.

Thanks for the idea.

You think just using a seperate bucket with a brush using ONR would work? I don`t plan on drying the wells, but at least cleaing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information