Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to see what you veterans here think about this. I washed my vehicle today and used a Toro electric leaf blower to dry it off. I set the blower to high, and it seemed to really work well, I was able to dry the car completely in under 5 min. I just had to be very careful not to accidently touch the tip of the blower to the car`s finish. After I was done with the blower all I had to do was wipe off a few leftover waterbeads in some hard to reach areas with a clean microfiber towel. Does anyone see any negatives to drying a vehicle in this manner? It seemed great to me since it`s a time saver and you don`t have to use a towel on the finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the electric leaf blower to get the water out of the cracks, and then after that I go over the whole car. I then use my guzzler and dp four in one qd mix to dry the rest of the car. I use the QD to take off the fresh water spots and to help with the drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see any negatives. I think its a great way to get the majority of water off of the car. I usually sheet the water off, blow dry, and then follow with a WW towels.

It makes drying so much easier.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    I dont see any negatives. I think its a great way to get the majority of water off of the car. I usually sheet the water off, blow dry, and then follow with a WW towels.

It makes drying so much easier.

Same process here !!!
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a leaf blower a few times. But do any of you use the Water Blade,by

California. The same people that make the Dusters. The blade works great, It does not

dry it drags the water off, with no harm to the finish!

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Shine
    I have used a leaf blower a few times. But do any of you use the Water Blade,by

California. The same people that make the Dusters. The blade works great, It does not

dry it drags the water off, with no harm to the finish!

Richard

The only problem with that is getting some foreign material trapped between the blade and the surface of the car.... Scratch City...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I like using the leaf blower as well. I don`t take the time to get it dry though because it`s an exercise in futility, and I don`t want to risk hitting the paint since it gets heavy after a while. I just make some quick passes to get the majority of the water, and to blow it out of the mirrors and such and then dry with a WW. Getting the water out of the crevices is about 75% of my reason for using it. I can`t stand it every time I wash my car, when I move it water pours out of the gas filler area and the mirrors. The leaf blower eliminates that issue. The other 25% is that getting rid of the majority of the water makes it easier to dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    Getting the water out of the crevices is about 75% of my reason for using it. I can`t stand it every time I wash my car, when I move it water pours out of the gas filler area and the mirrors. The leaf blower eliminates that issue. The other 25% is that getting rid of the majority of the water makes it easier to dry.

That`s what I liked about it too.

I hate those post-wash/dry drips you get.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an absorber to get water out of the crevices.......a water blade for the windows, and then finish up the rest of the car with a large waffle weave drying towel.

Blower seems like way too much work!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use compressed air to blow the cracks out. As for a leaf blower its fine as long as its electric

Post Thanks / Like
    I Just started using a leaf blower myself and It works great. Especially for drying my Chrome Wheels! Gets the water out of the Lug holes as well as out from the drum where water pools. I of course also like it over the rest of the car as well. Works great in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a leaf blower with the AirWand attachment. It works OK on well-LSPed finishes, at least for getting the bulk of the water off (can`t use the sheeting rinse in this shop). I still have to do a lot of drying with WWs and a lot of blowing with the air compressor, but it`s a nice first step.

FWIW, I don`t like the blower *NEARLY* as well without the AirWand; I consider that attachment a virtual necessity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DETAILKING
    I use an absorber to get water out of the crevices.......a water blade for the windows, and then finish up the rest of the car with a large waffle weave drying towel.

Blower seems like way too much work!!!

No way an absorber would work for me. I think it might be the mirror design as I haven`t had it as bad with other cars, but my mirrors will literally have I bet 3-4 ounces of water in them. One time this summer when my leaf blower was still broken, I tried quickly working the doors from partially shut to open really fast to try and work the water out and I had to do it for almost five minutes before the water was 90% gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    The leaf blower is good idea. I never tried it myself as I forget about using it at the time of washing. I usually wipe down and then just drive the car for a few minutes around block. The driving gets most of the trapped water out of the crevices. Then I just wipe a few drips once I get home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will lightly drag an Ulitmate Drying Towel over the vehicle just to get the bulk of the water off without any pressure on the towel at all. Then I will follow up with my leaf blower to get the rest of the water......works great and COMPLETELY confuses the neighbors!!:lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information