Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a good tire shine that isn`t greasy and will hold up for a while? I`ve been using stuff like Eagle 1`s tire wet, but it`s not so wet looking after a few days and attracts dirt. I`ve been checking out the Zaino Z16, how is it as far as gloss? Like other Zaino products, does it get better any more glossy with multiple layers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Zaino, but my favorite is Meg`s Hyper Shine Dressing. It`s water based as well and can be diluted how ever you like for more shine or less shine. I like 3:1 ratio.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Z-16 from Zaino because it`s water based, and not oily. Good stuff, and little product goes a long way.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard good things about Duragloss Wet Look Tire Shine #281. May be try a search on forum on this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z16 is one of the few zaino products I still use. I wouldn`t say its glossy unless you put on a lot, then that falls off fast. What I really like about it though is it keeps the tires looking "new" for a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cg Vrp............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpork
    I`ve heard good things about Duragloss Wet Look Tire Shine #281. May be try a search on forum on this product.

Quite Possibly the worst tire dressing Ive ever used, IMO. Greasy, messy, sticky, picks-up-every-last-dirt-particle-possible, bad. And at $10/bottle, not a good a value. One positive, it lasts a reeeeallly long time, on some tires, I am still trying to get it off .

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s Insane Shine. Applies thin, dries hard, doesn`t sling, and lasts through a couple rain showers.

I love the look. but if you don`t like the wet look you can wipe it after application and it yields a satin finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    Quite Possibly the worst tire dressing Ive ever used, IMO. Greasy, messy, sticky, picks-up-every-last-dirt-particle-possible, bad. And at $10/bottle, not a good a value. One positive, it lasts a reeeeallly long time, on some tires, I am still trying to get it off .

This is actually one of my favorite solvent-based dressing to use because it`s not as greasy and shiny as other similar dressings. For me, it seems to be compatible with more tires than other dressings and it has lasted a long time. I actually prefer its looks over time because I don`t like high-shine tire dressings, and it`s usually because it attracts so much dust and dirt.

But like you said, it`s expensive at $10 a bottle, over $50/gal. I probably won`t be buying another bottle. I still haven`t decided what I want to replace it with. I`ve been using my gallon of Meg`s All Season dressing, which isn`t bad for the price, but once I`m done with this gallon I wouldn`t mind trying something new.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite dressing, not just for tires, anything plastic/vinyl/rubber interior/exterior, is FK1 108. I love it on tires and it lasts as long if not longer than any Water Based dressing ive used. I like it better than Z16, and its much much more versatile.

108 is awesome on tires and wells, not to mention, anti-static properties and good value at $35/gallon. Gloss can be amplified depending on the number of coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY
    My favorite dressing, not just for tires, anything plastic/vinyl/rubber interior/exterior, is FK1 108. I love it on tires and it lasts as long if not longer than any Water Based dressing ive used. I like it better than Z16, and its much much more versatile.

108 is awesome on tires and wells, not to mention, anti-static properties and good value at $35/gallon. Gloss can be amplified depending on the number of coats.

:werd:

+1 For 108

Post Thanks / Like
    FK #108 is too nice for tires and wells, IMO. I would much rather use it for the interior. One of my favorite dressings for that purpose.

I like Optimum tire shine on all tires, and Armor All Origional on some tires. Both seem to absorb into the tire over time (dressing after every wash for a month or so will keep the tires dark for a *long* time. Some tires look so good because of this that dressing after a wash isn`t really even needed).

Visually, Optimum is blacker in appearance, and somewhat wetter. Armor All is brighter and shinier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    Armor All Origional on some tires. Armor All is brighter and shinier.

+1 on AA (i like the tire foam). cheap, easy to find, and looks good...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    +1 on AA (i like the tire foam). cheap, easy to find, and looks good...

Will this damage any rubber or plastic material? I needed some tire foam for my wheel wells as I was in a local food store and came across Armorall, but I passed.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    1z vinyl and rubber protectant. It really does bead up water and it is water based. Nice matte shine also

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information