Thread: Onr?

Post Thanks / Like
    After using it and it`s not dirty can you save it to use for another day?

Post Thanks / Like
    *I* wouldn`t - just not worth the risk/hassle to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K. i`ll dump it then I guess. I barely used it since I didn`t use it on the entire truck but better safe then sorry. Thx man.

Post Thanks / Like
    How dirty can a vehicle be and be able to use ONR?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use the 2 bucket method, the wash solution should and will stay clean enough to be reusable. The water softeners in it don`t let dirt particles to float in the mix; they drop to the bottom of the bucket.

If you clean a not too dirty vehicle and end up with a relatively clean wash solution, it is not worse than it `d be using it on a dirtier car - from the halfway point during the wash. The latter solution will be definitely dirtier at the end.

Besides, you can filter it through a coffee filter, no problem. Filter in a funnel and go.

If you encounter heavily soiled parts (underside of rear bumpers, rocker panels, etc.) use a coin-op to rinse the rough grit down. You can use it on surprisingly dirty car as well, but use LOTS of wash solution. Lift plenty of water to the area, with your mitt barely touching the surface. Rinse the mitt. ONR again. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Work on small areas and don`t bother with drying until the area is clean. If it is still necessary (wind dried the surface, or whatever), go over the cleaned area again then dry. When I use ONR and the weather is not windy nor too hot, I dry only after doing 3-4 panels, i.e. a complete side.

Post Thanks / Like
    save it and use it for your wheels during your next wash

Post Thanks / Like
    Good ideas. It is still very clean and I hated to just pour it out. I only used it do do a few not very dirty panels on my truck. Thx for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always mix up a new solution. The only thing I keep mixed is my QD strength ONR in a pesticide sprayer for pre-soak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure how long I`d save it but I reuse ONR all the time. I use it in my mobile business and usually whatever is left in the bucket I pour through a mf towel into a 1gallon container. I add to that for the next car. If my 2gallon sprayer needs refilling I pour it into that for the wheels tires wells. If it`s really dirty I just pour it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    save it and use it for your wheels during your next wash

Perfect solution!

I always do the wheels, tires and fenderwells first anyway, so any tire/fenderwell dressing overspray is washed off when I wash the rest of the car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information