Thread: Clueless

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought whatever products on the shelf to use on my new black 3series coupe.

Zymol liquid wash; Meguiars NXT wash, quick detailer, hot shine tire spray; Stoner Invisible Glass and all the microfiber in diffreent sizes and colors., some lamb/sheep wash cloth.

My dealer recommended Zymol Carbon but I cant seem to find them in any store. I ordered on line the whole Zymol Carbon kit plus some expensive polish. I am thinking of using all Zymol products but I dont know it it is the best incomparison th Meguiars.

Any Zymol fans here? Any Meguiars`?

Can I uses Meguiar for now and easily switch to Zymol without dsamaging my car or doing some unecessary tedious washing/removal of the products.

I plan to have my car detailed by professional 2x/year but I want to know how to maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol and Meguiars are pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum, at least price-wise. As for appearance, if a good job was done with products by both companies I`d bet 9 out of 10 people couldn`t tell them apart.

That said, Zymol does have some of the finest waxes around. Durability is not usually thought of as a forte, it`s more of a "beauty wax". BTW, part of the Zymol process includes HD-Cleanse, which is a paint cleaner that will clean and prepare the surface after whatever else you`ve used on your car before.

Meguiars has a variety of products, all much more affordable than Zymol. They`re a solid company and I`d have no problem recommending many of their products to anyone around.

I`ve used some Meguiars stuff, like NXT wax (really more of a sealant), and it looks great. I remember almost looking forward to rainstorms because when it was over I could watch the water sheet off the car so completely it was practically self-drying. Over the winter I picked up some Zymol Carbon and Concours that I intend to have some fun with this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janeseattle- Welcome to Autopia!

As velobard said, the differneces between waxes (and between major companies like Meguiar`s and Zymol) really aren`t all *that* significant- it`s pretty much a coke/root beer sort of thing. Where Zymol has its *real* reputation is when it comes to their exotic "Estate Glaze" line of waxes and that`s a whole `nother league from what we`re discussing here.

IMO the biggest challenge is to keep a black car from looking all scratched/swirled/marred up- if it has a zillion tiny scratches it won`t matter *what* wax is on it. If you concentrate on washing without marring the paint (tougher than one might think) and prepping properly before the wax (that`s where the polishes and paint cleaners come it), you`ll have a great looking BMW.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia Janeseattle!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeseattle
    ...Can I uses Meguiar for now and easily switch to Zymol without dsamaging my car or doing some unecessary tedious washing/removal of the products....
    No problem, you can switch back and forth between them all you like.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this an e92 coupe(2007)? If it is what you really gotta worry about is your washing technique, the paint is very soft on them, picus has experienced this on all of the black coupes he`s detailed. Theres a post about it on e90post.com if you search for it. I have the sedan and while it isnt as soft, keeping it completely swirl free is still difficult especially since its my daily driver.

Thread Information