Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t posted on the boards in a while but I just have a quick question about when a good time is to apply leather conditioner to my seats. I just picked up an 07` Explorer yestarday and I was wondering if I should apply some conditioner to the seats immediatly or wait until they have been "broken in" a little. I currently have a bottle of Lexol conditioner that I used on my old car, is this still the best?? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    lexol should be fine. I am not a fan of cleaner conditioners. I try and buy a cleaner and a seperate conditioner. Besure to give the leather enough time to dry between applications.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattys331
    I currently have a bottle of Lexol conditioner that I used on my old car, is this still the best?? Thanks for your help.

I did not like working with Lexol and have found Sonus` leather product easier to work with and seems to do a better job keeping the leather "nourished" so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 05" C230 sedan with black leather, i have never conditioned the leather and i am wanting to know what is recommended. I am not wanting the leather to look glossy nor be greasy.. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer leather masters soft cleaner.

You work this into a foam using a sponge then clean the seats accordingly and buff dry with a towel. After the leather is fully dry 20-30 min later

you can use leather masters leather conditioner (leather vital)

you use about a dime size dot per seating surface. Work it into the leather and let dry. I don`t buff off. This leaves a very matte finish. Generally i do two conditioning treatments. 30-45 min of drying in between each coat.

After leather vital i use leather masters protection cream. Again a dime size amount on a foam applicator per seating surface (ie front, back, sides and headrest) of seat. work into the leather and allow to dry 45 min to 1 hour.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Thread Information