Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, i am a newbie and i am going to start my business soon. I have 1000 dollar budget to get all these things

-high speed buffer

-orbital

-towels

-brushes

-interior products

-exterior products

-clay

-wax

-polish (carnauba stuff)

-dressing

and anything else you think i need to run an alright detail setup....

Do you guys think you can make me a list of what to get and where i can get it....

i tried detail king and all the things i would need would cost me around 1200

and thats including lots of stuff

but can you guys point me in a direction like all the products i need and where to get them sort of make a list for me so i can follow it and but all the necessery stuff..... thank you if you do help if not im just gonna but it all off detail king.....

so please help and tell me the best sites to waste my 1000 dollars on buying all the necessry equipment and supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    That a good start! I would venture to say you can become well equipped for about 1/2 of that though. Dont get what you dont need.

PC, $110

vacuum, 50

pads, 50

polishes, 40

sealant, 20

MF`s, 20

bucket, 5

clay, 15

QD, 10

wash soap, 5

tire dressing, 5

brushes,10

mits, 10

interior protectant, 20

APC, 10

window cleaner, 5

paper towels, 5

get the basics, then as time, money and experience dictate, make some additional boutique purchases.

it would take me a 1/2 a day to list what product and why I listed it..........Your going to have to do some research or experimenting. thats the best way to learn.......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    a newbie starting a detailing business?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    a newbie starting a detailing business?

newbie to the site....not to to detailing....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    That a good start! I would venture to say you can become well equipped for about 1/2 of that though. Dont get what you dont need.

PC, $110

vacuum, 50

pads, 50

polishes, 40

sealant, 20

MF`s, 20

bucket, 5

clay, 15

QD, 10

wash soap, 5

tire dressing, 5

brushes,10

mits, 10

interior protectant, 20

APC, 10

window cleaner, 5

paper towels, 5

get the basics, then as time, money and experience dictate, make some additional boutique purchases.

it would take me a 1/2 a day to list what product and why I listed it..........Your going to have to do some research or experimenting. thats the best way to learn.......

Thank you for the quick response all that is what i had in mind and some new stuff like the vacuum......whats QD,MF`s,PC??

do you know where i would be abke to get all of this? at what site.....is detail king good?

Post Thanks / Like
    detail king has iffy reviews.....

Welcome to Excel! has every product, towel you will need

go to lowes for a vacuum, polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    QD,MF`s,PC

QD= quick detailer

MF= microfibre + waffle weave drying towl (ww)

PC= portercable random orbital polisher ( the best for the money everyone i know in the US recs it.)

APC= all puropse cleaner

Andy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 JPS
    QD,MF`s,PC

QD= quick detailer

MF= microfibre + waffle weave drying towl (ww)

PC= portercable random orbital polisher ( the best for the money everyone i know in the US recs it.)

APC= all puropse cleaner

Andy.

thank you, very informative.....but i was thinking in getting a dewalt or mikita those arent good...or should i shop for a PC

where do you get your products...i like detail king because they offer gallon of the stuff your buying...maybe you can pint me in a better direction.....for buying my products...excel feels weird to me....any other sites?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do alot of shopping at We Are Car Care ! Car Wax - Car Polish - Auto Detailing Supplies & Car Accessories and Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies. AG.net usually has better prices though.

-00Contour
    2000 SVT Contour

Tropic Green

SHOShop CAI

Bassani Catback

WR Headers/Ypipe

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to detail king weekend class back in like june there products seem fine I just don`t know how they hold up in the long run because don`t know anybody thats using there line. Even seeing the product frist hand I would go with products that people discuss up here because there is alot of people that is familiar with them plus you can see there results from pics they post. Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like me - 6 months ago, now take this with a grain of salt cause it`s just my experience. You will need a PC, and pads - I bought Lake Country 6.5" and they`re fine - Edge 2000 looks good too. In the Lake Country, you`ll need 2 ea - yellow, orange, white and blue. You`ll need a compound - Meg`s #83,or 3M 39002, or XMT #3, a polish - Meg`s #82, or 3M 39009 &39109 OR 05930, orXMT #1, and a sealer (personally don`t like carnuba`s) Wolfgang Sealer is great, but I`ve had better results using Duragloss 601 & 105, and get AW too. Go to Target and load up on Vroom MF towels, Eagle One - tire/wheel cleaner and tire shine, I like their Quick Detailer too. While you`re at Target, get 3 buckets, 1 for tires/wheels, one for wash and one for rinse, and you`ll need MF wash mitt, and OXO brushes. Clay, I`ve only used Wolfgang and was pleased with results but Clay Magic seems to get good reviews. You may want to get a Mothers Powerball and some metal polish. Now, I`ve got all my stuff at Autogeek.net, Target, Car Quest and Advance Auto. Shop around and the stuff you have to get delivered - try to do it all on one order so the shipping cost will be a one time deal, the thing with AG -if you join Detail City forum (it`s free) you`ll get a 10% discount. Almost forgot - get Stoner Invisable Glass and Tarmenator - both readily available at Target. And check out Duragloss car wash at Car Quest or Autogeek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ca8680
    newbie to the site....not to to detailing....

Welcome to the site. Others have mentioned some good places to buy from. If you aren`t new to detailing, what supplies do you currently have? As other have mentioned, if its a business, don`t keep excess stock of anything you don`t need, keep it simple. Sounds like you have not used a PC before, have you been using a rotary?

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is a Costco near you... MF`s are dirt cheap! $12.99 for a 20pack... I was paying $2.50ea before, and they are basically the same!

Buy at least 4-5 of each pad for your PorterCable... You will want to switch them often, and believe me, it can add an hour to your detail if you need to wash your pad each time.......

Post Thanks / Like
    And dont forget a "very" knowledgable insurance agent. Our insurance rates are close to triple of pre Homeland Security. You need an agent that is well versed on what state and federal requires now....ie...you step foot on someone elses property to conduct business.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahahah....

"Homeland Security"...

I love being Canadian! :funnypost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information