Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it or not it`s been since December of 2005 since I have applied Menzerna. The original application I believe was FPII, Glaze x 1 and FMJ x 5, then a few weeks later I put a coat of #26 x1 to amplify the looks. The truck is outside, but under the carport 95% of the time and driven only on the weekends. It`s been in several rain storms, and driven as a weekend driver until recently. I`m driving it now Friday, Saturday and Sunday`s with my new work schedule. I plan to do the Menzerna steps again as soon as it cools off: FPII, Glaze x2, FMJ x 5 and #26 x1

Summer months it`s washed every weekend -- sometimes 2-3 times per weekend during the bug season. Since the bugs are now gone I 90% use Meguiars QD with a blue sams microfiber (my only MF`s I use). I also touch-up inbetween every 3-4 weeks with Eagle 1 WAUD.

My swirls are near 0% and I`m very pleased with the results.

Wash: Costco Megiars Gold Class 2.5gallon jugs (I have about 30 of these stocked up)

Dry: Big Blue II WW drying towels -- x4 using the air compressor to blow H20 out of cracks, etc.

2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 6.0 and just barely broke over 18,000 last month. I`ll have had it for 3 years in Feb.

Obviously by the pictures and my real-world experience I`m dead set on Menzerna. :2thumbs:

Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Police Interceptor? Why the Ford Crown Vic badge?

What process are you using around the badging?

Looks good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice
    Police Interceptor? Why the Ford Crown Vic badge?

What process are you using around the badging?

Looks good!

Lol. It`s just my "thing" on the interceptor badge I guess. I put them on every truck. I get more looks and double takes. 90% of the time people will ride your bumper see that, then quickly back off.

Around the badges gets the same treatment. I use a very soft toothbrush to remove products around the badges. I apply it with my figer/Q-tip in the very small areas.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great...

Post Thanks / Like
    Magnificent paint aside that is just one great looking truck! A 4X4 6.0l V-8, eh? I could only drive it weekends too......I couldn`t afford to feed that beautiful beast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF
    Magnificent paint aside that is just one great looking truck! A 4X4 6.0l V-8, eh? I could only drive it weekends too......I couldn`t afford to feed that beautiful beast.

Thanks for the kind words.

It`s not too bad on gas now. At first the tires REALLY killed the mileage. Factory I was getting around 13/city. After the tires it dropped off (corrected) to around 10ish. That was a real killer. I had a PCM custom burnt from a guy out of Texas who uses HP tuners -- told him what I wanted and wow what a difference. A total "seat of the pants" difference that you can REALLY feel. GM chokes these trucks way down from the factory. After the tune I`m back around 12-13ish /city and 15 steady on the hwy if I`m going downhill.

BUT, if I wanted gas mileage I`d drive a honda.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    The US Navy gets 10+ years from a storage battery. It`s not the products, it`s the care and the simple fact that anything that is maintained a treated/cared for well will last nearly forever.

Here`s proof - NICE RIDE (Keep up the good work)

Second to homes, a vehicle is the second largest expenditure most of us make. Isn`t it amazing how many people buy new cars, then let them go as beaters when it would only take an hour or less a week to keep them looking brand new? (Maybe that`s just the fever talking again)

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love that color, diggin the UF plate too.

You might wanna consider using FK Pink instead of #26, I`ve used Pink on that same paint code before and the results were spectacular, it adds a real candy shell look.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information