Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys.. i bought that black magic tire wet foam.. and applied it yesterday night after washing my car.. this morning i drove it to work and i looked at my paint.. and it seemed like the foam wasnt dried fully and it sprayed all oveer my doors and stuff.. i dont get it.. how long do i have to wait for it to dry??!?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn`t that impressed with it either. I`ve really had better luck with a dedicated tire cleaner (black magic in my case) and then Megs GC Endurance or Long Haul Tire Sealant (a pleasant surprise!).. both lasted at least a couple of weeks for me

The Tire Foam has been demoted to wheel well duty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sspeer
    I wasn`t that impressed with it either. I`ve really had better luck with a dedicated tire cleaner (black magic in my case) and then Megs GC Endurance or Long Haul Tire Sealant (a pleasant surprise!).. both lasted at least a couple of weeks for me

The Tire Foam has been demoted to wheel well duty

I don`t think durabilty is his issue. Its the dressings ability to absorb and dry onto the tire. Although this is very much dependant on the type of tire its being applied to, most oily dressings have a hard time staying on the tire. Which is why I prefer waterbased dressings for most applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyriiide1113
    I don`t think durabilty is his issue. Its the dressings ability to absorb and dry onto the tire. Although this is very much dependant on the type of tire its being applied to, most oily dressings have a hard time staying on the tire. Which is why I prefer waterbased dressings for most applications.

I should have worded that a bit better..my line of thinking was durabilty of looks because it doesn`t sling off

I think using separate cleaner allows the dressing to stick/absorb better..kind of like how an all-in-one is usually not as effective as using separate steps

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not impressed at all with tire foam for tires - but it`s great for wells. I buy whatever`s cheapest at Wal-Mart and use it to dress the wells after every wash, it makes a huge difference on a black car.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Black Magic Tire Wet Express is much better but you have to do a little more work than hitting a spray button.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve been using armor all tire foam for years with no problems. i spray (thin coat) and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and then take a tire swipe and spread it around evenly...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the exact same issue. Nothing like having nice wet looking paint with "oil" spots all over it. Can now resides in the trash.

Thread Information