Thread: Sigh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I made a post a while back about my 04 honda accord, white, that I just got from Florida. The car had obviously been sitting for a while, as there looked to be a haze of light dirt on the trunk lid, along with water spots. There also looked to be light streaks on the hood that weren`t coming out with washing.

Originally I was just going to have someone detail it. So I looked up a business close online and went there. It was a pretty nice shop, but it looked like a pull in and get buffed and pull out kind of place. There was younger guys working in the shop, cleaning crummy looking vehicles.

Anywho, I talked to the owner about my problems. After rubbing his dirty finger on my newly washed car, leaving a brown spot on my paint, he told me my paint was oxidized and it looked like someone had waxed over the oxidation. He then proceeded to do his dirty finger rubbing method over spots on my hood and rooftop. He said he wasn`t sure if he could get it all out, but he`d buff and polish it. He said it would be 80 bucks for both. I then asked if they clay bared the vehicles, and he said only if there is overspray, and if he wanted me to clay bar it`d be 195 bucks.

I asked him what he thought about the water spots, and he said "well, that`ll be extra because I have something different to take those off with.."

But basicaly he said the paint was oxidized pretty bad, which didn`t make sense on a car only a few years old, but anywho.

A couple months back I sold my PC, which I never used but thought I would, to a buddy of mine for like 50 bucks or something, and I called him up and asked if he wantred to sell it back, and we agreed on 30 bucks.

So my question is, what do you guys think thus far? What suggestions do you have for steps, pads, products to use, etc? I would take pictures, but it`s difficult to see even when you`re standing there, but it bothers me. I`d basically retarded when it comes to the polishing thing, so if one could help me out with which pad to use with which product, and the steps, it`d be mucho appreciated. This whole ordeal is getting me a bit down, but hopefully it cleans up nice...

Off to cleaning off the spots the guy put on my car. :spot

Post Thanks / Like
    Stay away from that shop.

I like Menzerna Intensive Polish and Menzerna Finishing Polish (or PO106FF) with Lake Country pads.

Can`t say 100% without seeing the car, but from the sound of things this would be my process:

Wash thoroughly

Claybar

Menzerna Intensive Polish with orange LC pad at speed 5-6

Menzerna Final Polish (or PO106FF) with white LC pad at speed 5

Seal and/or Wax

Check your work thoroughly as you go and don`t move to the next step until you`re completely satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    Stay away from that shop.

I like Menzerna Intensive Polish and Menzerna Finishing Polish (or PO106FF) with Lake Country pads.

Can`t say 100% without seeing the car, but from the sound of things this would be my process:

Wash thoroughly

Claybar

Menzerna Intensive Polish with orange LC pad at speed 5-6

Menzerna Final Polish (or PO106FF) with white LC pad at speed 5

Seal and/or Wax

Check your work thoroughly as you go and don`t move to the next step until you`re completely satisfied.
    Thanks bro... yeah, I was kind of wondering what kind of idiot leaves a dirt spot on my car? Any suggestions for a sealent or wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Zaino or Werkstatt for sealants and (being white) S100 for a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    One last question. For the sealant, and carnauba, which I assume I have to apply both, do I do them by hand or by PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, you do not have to apply them both. It can be an either/or situation or a both situation. I generally prefer applying by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    No, you do not have to apply them both. It can be an either/or situation or a both situation. I generally prefer applying by hand.
    Thanks dude, I certainly owe you one. Hopefully this fixes my troubles.

Post Thanks / Like
    matt: I completely agree with all of Zane`s recommendations.

Claying, heavy polishing, then light polishing will fix just about any paint defects. The claying should make the biggest difference, followed by heavy polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    matt: I completely agree with all of Zane`s recommendations.

Claying, heavy polishing, then light polishing will fix just about any paint defects. The claying should make the biggest difference, followed by heavy polishing.

Thanks GSR... hopefully this shall knock it out. You guys are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply both sealants and waxes(carnubas). Just make sure to apply the sealant first, then apply the wax. If you want to apply the sealant again you will have to strip everything off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy I read this thread, again good tips on usage with Menzerna.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a quick question. Whats a good product to spray on the pad before you apply a product so that it`s not dry? May be a dumb question.

Thread Information