Post Thanks / Like
    I just got done detailing my dads truck for fathers day. I used SSR 2.0 with a sonus fx2 white pad. I seemed to have a hard time removing it., it smeared around alot before it would come off. I tried using less product, but it still seemed difficult to remove. Did I do something wrong?? I worked the product for what seem like a lomg time. Also one last question, the truck had some spots on the hood that looked like water spots. The strongest polish I have is SSR 2.5 I used itwth a lake country yellow cutting pad. They would not come off with that combo. Any suggestions on how to remove those spots.

On a side note, the truck turned out very nice. I used WG sealant as my LSP. Very nice look on his silver truck!! I would love to post some pics for everyone to see, but as soon as I took it home it started raining!!! Stupid A$$ weatherman, was not supposed to rain today and only a 20% chance tommorrow!! Oh well, the old man loved it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If the yellow pad/2.5 didn`t cut the water spots out, they`re probably etched in.

Next time you do the truck, you can try a clay bar, and/or a vinegar wash on that area and see if they dissolve.

Also, in regards to the 2.0, you may have still been using too much product. If it was smearing when you went to take it off, that would indicate that it had not been worked long enough. Therefore, either up your speed, work it longer, or use less product.

Sorry about the rain, I know thats a pisser.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to add that I did clay the truck afer I washed it. Do you think the SSR 3.0 would ahve helped any? Yeah it was a pisser!! Its the thought that counts though right??

Post Thanks / Like
    it sounds like you didn`t work the product in long enough. It should come off just like a hazed over coat of wax.

Keep working it on speed 5-6 untill it starts to dust, and then whipe it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm? could be too much product used maybe ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its alittle of both, too much product that wasnt worked long enough! Oh well, live and learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon that the SSR2.0 was not worked in enough before it started to dry. I usually add 1 spritz of water onto the pad using a spray bottle, just to lengthen the time I can work with the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah that is odd - I have 2.5 and 1.0 new versions and an old bottle of 2.0 and they all come off easy peasy. I find the key is to work it until you think it is all gone (as you can see the glossy paint and nothing else)...and work in small sections. When you do large sections (like half a hood) you tend to not work the product long enough and it dries to quick to break down and that can make it a pisser to remove.

If you can`t get the water spots off with clay or the ssr line I would bet it is acid rain damage in the clear (I am the king of experience when it comes to that) - once you have that - it`s there for good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groebuck
    Yah that is odd - I have 2.5 and 1.0 new versions and an old bottle of 2.0 and they all come off easy peasy. I find the key is to work it until you think it is all gone (as you can see the glossy paint and nothing else)...and work in small sections. When you do large sections (like half a hood) you tend to not work the product long enough and it dries to quick to break down and that can make it a pisser to remove.

If you can`t get the water spots off with clay or the ssr line I would bet it is acid rain damage in the clear (I am the king of experience when it comes to that) - once you have that - it`s there for good.

Really?!? Not even something like Menzerna Power Gloss or Optimum Hyper Compound will remove it??

Post Thanks / Like
    etched clear then no not really - becuase you would have to remove to much of the clear to get it even.

Post Thanks / Like
    If its etched can you feel it when you rub your finger over it. It feels smooth right now.

Thread Information