Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Putting "it`s in the prep, not the products" aside, have any of you gotten a black to look this wet/deep/superfantastic? What did you do/use?

P.S. I`m prety sure that little scratch-looking thing isn`t a scratch. I think it`s a reflection.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks to me like a combination of Zaino with a topper of Photoshop.

Post Thanks / Like
    You think so? I didn`t even think of that option. It does look unreal though, even the glass is reflecting the light.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is just about my favorite work:

Menzerna PO85RD, Z5 x 2, and Z8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lex89

Putting "it`s in the prep, not the products" aside, have any of you gotten a black to look this wet/deep/superfantastic? What did you do/use?

P.S. I`m prety sure that little scratch-looking thing isn`t a scratch. I think it`s a reflection.

I could tell you pretty much exactly what that is. The place that detailed that vette is on long iisland in mineola called detailing dynamics. They do great work but cater primarily to exotics for the most part. They have there own line of products which you can purchase from their website. They have 3 step polish (actually 2 plus sealant), a carnauba based cleaner wax AKA "da $hit" yes they actually call it that...lol and many other great products. Their shampoo is phenomenal although a lil pricey (a lil does go along way). They sponsor the car club I belong to and are genuinely nice guys that are perfectionists!

If you go to their website, I believe they have more information on that heavily modified vette!

To get that finish on your car, it will be a combination of polishes, sealants, and time! Many guys on here will be more then happy to give you their recipe`s to get similar results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I saw the detailing dynamics link on another post and got these pics off that site. So it`s not photoshopped? That`s crazy

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at all the custom body work I`m also going to suggest a repaint with a nice wetsand, cut and buff to get paint that flat in the first place.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    The answer to your question: Scottwax! (lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel1
    I could tell you pretty much exactly what that is. The place that detailed that vette is on long iisland in mineola called detailing dynamics. They do great work but cater primarily to exotics for the most part. They have there own line of products which you can purchase from their website. They have 3 step polish (actually 2 plus sealant), a carnauba based cleaner wax AKA "da $hit" yes they actually call it that...lol and many other great products. Their shampoo is phenomenal although a lil pricey (a lil does go along way). They sponsor the car club I belong to and are genuinely nice guys that are perfectionists!

If you go to their website, I believe they have more information on that heavily modified vette! !
    I happened to come across their site today, product results look great, prices didn`t really seem that bad either.

Here`s another good back Vette, hope Killrwheels doesn`t mind me posting his car. Pry the cleanest looking C6 I`ve seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    Looking at all the custom body work I`m also going to suggest a repaint with a nice wetsand, cut and buff to get paint that flat in the first place.

Plus soft artificial lighting.

I am sure the car looks great, but under that kind of lighting, even a not all that well prepped car will look good. The real test is in the sun, like in Zane`s picture.

Good prep and (in my case) a plethora of carnauba slathered over the prep do the trick:

My car hadn`t been waxed in several weeks either, this was after an Optimum No Rinse Wash and Quikshine QD`ing.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, sunlight is the true test for sure, but I can assure everyone who hasn`t seen their cars in person, they do top notch work. Their website has plenty of pics of their customers cars in the sunlight. Lemme see what I can find.

Here`s a yellow Vette they had just finished

Not the best pics of it, but it should work.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of it depends on the quality of the paintjob. It looks like they started with a $5000+ repaint that had been wetsanded down to look like glass, then they put it under preferable lighting. You`re not going to be able to get that good of a look on a stock paintjob under full sun, but you can come pretty close.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Im with Scott, bright lights and white tile floors always enhance a picture, especially of a black car.....Nice pic Zane, not afraid of the sun are ya !!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had them clean my 06 Cayenne S which is black this winter. The bad thing was it rained for 6 straight days after they cleaned it. I use it as a daily driver so I didnt get to show it off.

That Vette may be a repaint, looks pretty peel free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lex89

Well, it depends on if this is a factory paint job or an aftermarket paint job. No comparison between a custom after market paint job that has multple coats of clear and wet sanding to make the finsih flawless. Many products will produce outstanding results in that case. Also, like others have mentioned, the lighting and surroundings have a lot to do with how a picture turns out. The true test is what it looks like in person. Nice Vette by the way! :buffing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information