Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just sitting at the computer wondering about this. I have always cleaned the tires with Eagle One once a week and scrubbed them to get them clean. I was just wondering if this seemed overboard to anyone and if I should just be scrubbing them with a tire brush weekly and using the tire cleaner less often. Keep in mind, that a week for me consists of roughly 400 miles worth of brake dust and Dallas/Ft. Worth interstate debris. By the way, I already tried to search for the answer and couldn`t find anything definitive.
    1991 Frost White Honda Accord EX

2005 Breakwater Blue Lexus RX330

2005 Satin Silver Metallic Acura TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Myself, I clean and dress them every week even if I do much less mileage than you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the tyres every month

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday is my tire and wheels day when I am unemployed. During the construction season Sunday is stil the day but often times I am working so it does not get done as often.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    i clean the tires thoroughly every week when i wash the car, to ensure that the tire dressing goes on a nice clean surface and bonds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once a week on my girlfriend`s PF (big tires with white letters get dirty easily).

My car gets the treatment about once a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    I scrub my tires every time I wash the car, but only with car soap and water. I only use APC/H20 on my tires about every month or so.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I use foam and a meg`s tire brush to clean my tires every wash. I dress them every other wash. I have yet to use a true wheel/tire cleaner on them.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Foam...as in from the foam gun? Or a tire foam?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Foam from the foam gun.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I just go ahead and clean the tires weekly when I`m cleaning the wheels, since the EO All Wheel is already on there.

I also like that the dressing gets to go on a clean surface every week...
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skuz
    Myself, I clean and dress them every week even if I do much less mileage than you.

I think that`s a bit "overkill". I clean them with car shampoo every wash (about every 2 weeks) and dress them every other time. I user cleaner on them whenever I can see they need it (less often).

Post Thanks / Like
    I wash them with diluted wheel cleaner and a brush at every wash, but that`s a pretty mild cleaning. I don`t clean them thoroughly unless I`m gonna redress them and I don`t do that unless they obviously need it. Which isn`t all that often since I`m using Z-16 (and letting it soak/take a set before buffing it off).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jnmttu
    I was just sitting at the computer wondering about this. I have always cleaned the tires with Eagle One once a week and scrubbed them to get them clean. I was just wondering if this seemed overboard to anyone and if I should just be scrubbing them with a tire brush weekly and using the tire cleaner less often. Keep in mind, that a week for me consists of roughly 400 miles worth of brake dust and Dallas/Ft. Worth interstate debris. By the way, I already tried to search for the answer and couldn`t find anything definitive.

My pickup (`94 Toyota 2wd) has the stock steel wheels, which don`t have any cutouts, so brake dust stays on the hidden side of the wheel. So there isn`t a lot of accumulation between washes. Normal weekly washing works fine, followed by a reapplication of whatever wheel dressing I`m using at the moment (I`m still searching for the perfect dressing).

My sedan, OTOH (2000 Chrysler 300M in sig) has the chromed silverstar wheels. These allow lots of breakdust to accumulate. Weekly washing includes spraying down with Orange Blast degreaser, and scrubbing with a Black and Decker "Scum Buster." The front wheels need it far more than the rear, though.

The same goes for the WWW tires on my motorcycle, although I`ll NEVER put a tire dressing on those wheels. Just a little oozing onto the tread could be catastrophic.

So my experience is that you have to evaluate your own conditions for yourself, and adjust your cleaning regimen appropriately.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually wash the tires at every wash. After I have hose down the entire car I start with washing the tires, wheels, and lower parts(under the doors and areas like that). I use Meguiars tirebrush, Megs wheelbrush and a small sponge for this. Usually the carwash is good enough, but when really dirty I use EO wheel and tire cleaner on the wheels and tires first. Hose these areas and continue on the upper parts. I dress the tires as needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information