Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered some Wheel Wax, applied it to my Audi`s wheels, and I have to say, that I`m not at all impressed. :down I applied according to the directions, waited for 24 hours prior to driving, and all I have to say, is I have had better luck using SG x 1 and touching up with Crystal mist after every other wash. I saw no reduction in brake dust accumulating on the rims, I actually noticed more brake dust!! I am yet to wash the car since applying the Wheel Wax, but from doing in between wash tough-ups, the dust seems no easier to remove. Anyone else have similar results?? Did I waste my money??
    2007 Infiniti G35S

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX

2008 CanAm Outlander 400XT

2008 Honda Rancher 420ES

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will notice less dust accumulation after the first wash. That`s typical of any wax or sealant too, IMO. There`s always more dust attraction when there`s a fresh coat of LSP applied. After the first wash, I always notice significantly less dust on the paint.

I haven`t used WheelWax myself. I have been very impressed by AIO/WG on wheels, so I have no desire to stop using that to use another product instead.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am waiting for UPS to show up with my wheel wax early next week. I hope it`s better than you make it sound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try doing two, very thin coats over AIO. I`ve got 3.5 months so far with it on 2 rims on my budde`s 05 RSX-S. The other 2 have Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant; I kinda like it more because of the ease of use (no hard rubbing to get it off), but IMO the wheel wax is "thougher" and will probably outlast the PB WS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheel Wax really doens`t reduce brake dust, it just makes it easier to clean off. If you want clean wheels, switch to ceramic brake pads.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think this product is a waste of money. IMO it does not last any longer or cleans any better then a strong cleaner wax like #6 or ColorX. It does not clean up polished alloys oxidation very poorly. I just feel for $15 and its advertised as a real wheel cleaner/polish I was ripped off. I will use plain cleaner wax for clear coat wheels and stick to Mothers for the polished alloys.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can`t live without wheel wax, it is so easy to use, and the results last and last for me. i can`t say whether or not there is a reduction in brake dust, but the ease of cleaning is out of this world, and they stay slick for a long long time. the product has cleaning properties, but it won`t turn a rim in horrific shape into a winner, you need to use other products before the wheel wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it and I like it. I use it on chrome rims and it goes on and comes of with ease. I noticed a reduction of brake dust on the rims. But i also can see your point. There are sealants out there that will do the same thing. Just make sur the wheel is clean. AIO and SG are 2 good ones. But if you have to polish to get them clean before applying.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite is the way to go...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite 845 for wheels-lasts for months

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is 2 months old, so the wheels are in pristine condition. I was a little disappointed because the description stated that the Wheel Wax "changes the polarity" of the wheels in 24 hours for less dust attraction. I have not seen any evidence of that as of yet. Maybe I`ll try another coat when I do my weekly full wash.
    2007 Infiniti G35S

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX

2008 CanAm Outlander 400XT

2008 Honda Rancher 420ES

Post Thanks / Like
    My Wheel Wax separated after a few months and I`ve seen other threads saying the same. This happened even though I kept the product indoors with all of my other stuff. :nixweiss

No amount of shaking would help it come back together. For me, it wasn`t worth it as I`ve used Zaino on the wheels with better results but your results may be different.

Post Thanks / Like
    It did nothing for me either. I`m glad it works for some people, but it didn`t do anything for me.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my review of it.

I ordered this product about a week ago, and when I was reading reviews about it it seemed like it should be a great product. I was a bit skeptical and was thinking that it will not be as good as the websites claimed.

Well, I think it was great and worth the money.

Some people on Autopia were saying that it is not that good, but I am not sure if they actually tried it. It worked with great success on my wheels.

I would say that this product`s advertisement is about 97% accurate, and I say this just on the basis of its cleaning abilities. I ll update you about how it keeps up regarding brake dust buildup and ease of cleaning.

I got it from properautocare.com, and it was 14.95.

Packaging:

It came in a plain black jar. It was decent quality and easy to open and close.

Smell:

It has a vanilla / banana smell. I thought that it was ok, not overpowering and pleasant.

Application:

It was very simple to apply and hazes fairly quickly. Simple wipe on with a terry cloth applicator.

Cleaning ability:

As you will see in the pictures it does a very good job. It cleaned most all of the brake dust that the wheel cleaner didn`t get and it also took about 95% of the hard baked stuff. Removed tar without a problem as well. It did not remove some of the small black dots on the wheel. These, I will have to try to remove with a clay bar, but sometimes that even does not help.

Removal:

This was the only thing that kinda was hard. I had to go over it a couple of times with a microfiber towel, and sometimes small patches/ lines stayed that I had to go back and rewipe.

Also, if you get it on the tire, it sticks and leaves a white residue as you will see form the pics. But I think I will be bale to remove it when I apply some tire gloss.

Overall I would say that this is a great product and it cut out alot of time from doing the wheels. I used to spend 1 hour a wheel, with claying, polishing and waxing. Now it takes me about 15 min per wheel with Wheel Wax.

I will probably try the claybar again, but if you keep up your wheels (which I have not been able to do since i moved to the appartment complex) this product is sufficient.

Here are the pics:

BEFORE (This is the left fornt wheel, but the right lokked exactly the same, all the other pics are from the left front)

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

On this last pic, you will see the small black dots, they are kinda rough and hard to remove. We will see if the clay bar removes it.

****UPDATED PORTION****

Like I promised, here are the picture after two weeks and about 600 miles of driving.

FRONT WHEEL

REAR WHEEL

The front was dirty, but with soap and water it came rihgt out.

The rear wheel got mostly clean with just water. I still needed soap though.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I liked it. I spend about 10-15 min a wheel with wheel wax and they come out great.

I used to clay, polish wax the wheels and it would take about 1 hour per wheel and my fingers would be so cramped that I couldn`t believe it.

I will still do the clay polish, etc when I switch to my winter steelies, but for upkeep wheelwax is great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information