Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Did those boys over at Zaino out think themselves?? I had this lady, a referel yeah, waste my time and wanted an express detail. She wouldn`t budge and didn`t want to go along with the program so instead of wasting the trip I did an express detail. No clay, just wash and drumroll Z-8. The car was squeeky clean after the wash. Anyhow, that was about three weeks ago and I sw the car again today, she works with the people who refered her to me and who I see all the time. To make a long story short, the surface of the car was still butta smooth and glossy, not deep and wet as Pro but still very nice. So anyhow, do you think Zaino is blowing it making a product that works so good with good results and durabilty, when their traditional polishes are what made them famous? Z8 is the fastfood of detailing products, it`s umm so good and fast but in the long run does your car need some more nutrition, or can we live on Z8 alone as a lsp? :hm

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Z8 isn`t really an LSP for me... I treat it more like a QD. There is definitely room for other products like Z2Pro in our lineups.

I think a lot of it has to do with your environment too. Around here, there are a lot of airborne contaminants that a vehicle picks up just from going down the road. I find that I have to clay/polish more often as a result.... whereas your area may not be that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Car Wax is a stand alone spray wax and I am sure you can apply and remove it as quickly as Z8. Quality products motivate the competition to improve their existing line or offer new products and it is likely Z8 and OCW will do that.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Optimum Car Wax is a stand alone spray wax and I am sure you can apply and remove it as quickly as Z8. Quality products motivate the competition to improve their existing line or offer new products and it is likely Z8 and OCW will do that.
    True, but isn`t that a nuba product? There a million nuba sprays out there but a true sealant spray is fairly rare although I`m sure there are others.

Here`s what`s in Optimum "high-grade carnauba wax and silicone sealants", sounds like something in a different class that Z8 which contains neither. But I`m sure Zaino probably took notice of the popularity of Optimum when he made his spray.

http://www.finaldetail.com/qa.asp

I`m not sure when Optimum came out but this stuff has been around since 97 and is a spray wax probably simular to Optimum, looks like they have the same spray bottle. I used to use this as a QD and told my customers to use it as maintenance, but now it`s Z8 hands down, just getting way from wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlyq
    Here`s what`s in Optimum "high-grade carnauba wax and POLYMER sealants", sounds like something in a different class that Z8 which contains neither.

FIXED. I`m sure you just made a spelling mistake there, right? You really meant to type `polymer` and it somehow came out `silicone`.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumwax.html

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Optimum Car Wax is the only spray car wax that provides the durability of a paste wax and long-lasting UV protection. A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers and UV inhibitors forms a protective layer on the painted surface to protect the paint from sun damage and environmental elements for up to 5 months.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion NO. Z8 is very good but I have noticed that the slickness of the paint goes away significantly after one rain. This might also be due to the fact that NV is very hot and dusty, but I wouldn`t just use Z8 on my car.

There always has to be some Z2 or Z5 on the car and the Z8 gives a ridiculous wet and slick feeling and look. As for the protection of it I am not sure, but I love the feel and looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whay is LSP? I checked the secret decoder and no help.

Thanks Smoky

Post Thanks / Like
    LSP is basically the last coat of protection you put on the car.

The abbreviations have gotten really bad, i try not to use them as much. I remember, back in the day, when the only abreviation was the pinnacle paint cleansing lotion. I think that PPCL started it all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z8 is not itended as an LSP at all. Its a QD that is a gloss and slickness enhancer. From the website:

Z-8 Grand Finaleâ„¢ Spray Seal utilizes twenty-five new ingredients to bring you the highest level of shine, the deepest depths of gloss, the slickest feel, and the most protection available in any detail spray, period. But keep in mind, Z-8 isn`t for everyone, and it hasn`t been designed for everyday use. It`s for those special occasions and extreme instances when you need extra performance from the Zaino Show Car Polish System.

It`s really made to act like a Carnuba topper without affecting the layering capabilites of the Zaino line.

The situation you had would have been better served by OCW. It`s cheaper, ultra fast, great looking, and it can be used as a LSP. Ive seen posts where daily drivers outdoors 24/7 have got more than 4 weeks out of a single application.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    from what I`ve read the Optimum or DP spray sealants would be better as a stand alone sealants with good longevity. Offering an low cost express detail isn`t a bad thing if it attracts more business-unless you only want to specialize in HIGH paying customers. Remember offering what the customer wants gets you more REPEAT business and possibly you could upgrade the next time around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    from what I`ve read the Optimum or DP spray sealants would be better as a stand alone sealants with good longevity. Offering an low cost express detail isn`t a bad thing if it attracts more business-unless you only want to specialize in HIGH paying customers. Remember offering what the customer wants gets you more REPEAT business and possibly you could upgrade the next time around.

Agreed. Z8 is meant to boost the appearance and slickness of Z2 Pro. I got some from ZaneO and it is an excellent product-plus it seemed compatible with other sealants. However, it isn`t meant as a stand alone LSP like OCW or DP`s spray sealant (which seems to hold up well, btw).
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, I`m not an optimum pro I simply copied the desription from autogeek.net. Geek says:

Optimum Car Wax

An all-over protective wax that outlasts most paste waxes.

What if your car wax could do more? More protection and more shine, but not more effort. It could be the perfect wax. Now the dream of auto enthusiasts is a reality with Optimum Car Wax.

Optimum is the first and only wax that contains UVA and UVB absorbers to shield your paint from all the sun’s harmful rays. The patent-pending formula combines high-grade carnauba wax and silicone sealants to give you outstanding shine and protection. The carnauba produces a warm, high-impact shine that is the standard in the auto care industry while the silicone sealants bond the shine to the paint to create the long-lasting durability typical of a synthetic wax...

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Z8 is meant to boost the appearance and slickness of Z2 Pro. I got some from ZaneO and it is an excellent product-plus it seemed compatible with other sealants. However, it isn`t meant as a stand alone LSP like OCW or DP`s spray sealant (which seems to hold up well, btw).
    That was my point, I`m sure Zaino meant for Z-8 to "boost" pro, but what they didn`t count on was it would have very good durabilty all by itself. just curious if anybody else has tried it as a stand alone because my tests show Z-8 is a very good stand alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Burlyq
    Scott, I`m not an optimum pro I simply copied the desription from autogeek.net.

Then they are wrong and should change the copy. My apologies. I didn`t realize how autogeek had worded their product blurb.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    FIXED. I`m sure you just made a spelling mistake there, right? You really meant to type `polymer` and it somehow came out `silicone`.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com/optimumwax.html

I didn`t make a spelling mistake Optimum is a silicone detailing spray. NP here Scott just looking for info:

TopofhteLine also says Optimum is a silicone nuba wax. TOL says,

The clear coat contains polymeric resin or binder, UV inhibitors, and generally one or more silicone additives. The silicone additives can help protect the surface from scratches and marring, and generally last several months. Optimum Car Wax adds Carnauba wax to the surface and replenishes these silicone polymers.

Premiumautocare says:

A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, silicone sealants

Superiorautocare says:

This advanced wax combines high-grade carnauba with silicone sealants

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information