Post Thanks / Like
    What wax or sealant provides the best surface to keep that miserable yellow pollen from sticking? April and May in South Jersey is terrible for the yellow dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    im in north jersey and i feel ya man. i dont think theres a wax or sealant that will just repel the pollen from ever sticking. most waxes do make it easier for the pollen to dust off but ive decided to wait for some serious rain to bring the last of the pollen fall, then start workin on my car, the pollen is just too much to handle around here so there not much i can do, there may be some sealant that will help but pollen falls so much i dont think theres something that will make a big difference
    04 pathfinder CarDomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2430502

Post Thanks / Like
    Situation is no better for the dust here in Western NY either.

I washed and waxed the car Saturday and left it in the garage till I went to work today. By the time I got home it looks almost like I never washed it.

Really ticks me off. But it`s dust so it`s in the air and gonna settle on anything not moving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I`m hearin` ya` dude ! This pollen stuff has been bad news this year. I`m in central Jersey near the ocean. It`s here too!!!

I`ve tried nubas and sealants and I can`t tell a real diff in their ability to ward off the yellow stuff. However, I am a big fan of the CCD (Calif Car Duster) and that does a great job in removing the pollen. Can do the whole car in minutes. Then if necessary I follow with a QD.

In fact it`s been so bad here that before I finish dusting the car the pollen is covering the areas that I just dusted!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Two weeks of almost no rain and the pollen and sap were horrendous. Last week I found myself wiping down my car three times while detailing it! The wind doesn`t help either.

However it`s rained and that`s helping. Today there wasn`t any wind and barely any pollen. The light is at the end of the tunnel.

I find that Zaino works well to minimalize dust but frequent use of the CCD and some spritzing of QD is the best way to handle it. Plus wait it out.
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sealants, in general, attract less pollen than nubas. This is because nubas contain so many oils.
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    a partial solution might be to use an anti-static QD-Finish Kare makes one-not sure about others

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wannafbody

a partial solution might be to use an anti-static QD-Finish Kare makes one-not sure about others

Good idea! Another great qd is the Wax Shop`s Slick Stuff. It is also anti-static.

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Enthusiast Extraordinaire RuffRyder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, here in North Jersey it`s been horrendous. I`ve taken tensors stance and I`m just waiting until it seems to be stopping or at least slowing down before I really get to detailing my baby. Hey, at least lately the temps have been a cooler side, so I don`t feel so bad not being out detailing.

FWIW, I have seen that the nubas that contain lots of oils really do make it easier for the pollen to stick.

My suggestion either be to get a CCD (although I don`t think the effects will last long) or just wait it out. I`m hoping that the rain over the next few days, followed by a spike to temps will get some of the pollen out of the air.
    I think the amount of attention I give my `05 Steel Grey Metallic Mazda6 makes my girlfriend jealous!

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulatorette`s A8 currently has Collinite 476S on it from the winter (five plus months and still going strong). It was so covered in pollen that the silver paint looked greenish-yellow. A hard rain washed *all* of it right off. Didn`t stick any worse to the Collinite than it does to the KSG on our MPV.

Thread Information