Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few waxes that I would like to use on other people`s cars to test out , but I`m concerned about their durability. I could go with my EX-P or Zaino but want to try some different combos on different colors.

I have Trade Secret which says it contains some polymers for extended durability?

Also S100, how does that hold up?

And last but not least Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax, on the site it "claims" 3-6 month durability. So I`m thinking it must also have some polymers to extend its time.

Also do you think adding more than 2 coats of wax at a time affects or extends a waxes longevity or protection? Not worried about looks say doing one layer right after another.

Thanks for any and all help

Post Thanks / Like
    S100 is a great carnauba, but in the hottest parts of summer, I don`t get more than 3 weeks. A lot of it depends on how much time your car spends outside, how often you wash, and how strong you like to make your washing solution.

If you want the best durability out of what you have listed, then Zaino will win every time. Anything carnauba is just not going to touch it.

Maybe you should do a base coat of a sealant and then top with carnauba when you feel like it. That way you always have some protection on the paint.

Then again, if you like to wax frequently, it doesn`t necessarily matter what you use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JustinTRW

S100 is a great carnauba, but in the hottest parts of summer, I don`t get more than 3 weeks. A lot of it depends on how much time your car spends outside, how often you wash, and how strong you like to make your washing solution.

If you want the best durability out of what you have listed, then Zaino will win every time. Anything carnauba is just not going to touch it.

Maybe you should do a base coat of a sealant and then top with carnauba when you feel like it. That way you always have some protection on the paint.

Then again, if you like to wax frequently, it doesn`t necessarily matter what you use.

Thanks for the reply Justin, I just think doing a sealant and immediately with a carnuba has to affect the curing and bonding of the sealant. I might be wrong, so please correct me. Most of the cars I will do I won`t be able to have them come back after a sealant has cured to top it. I use Zaino for certain people but it can get exspensive doing multiple layers so I reserve that. I just have all these waxes and thought they could be put to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    What hot Texas sun? Never been 122 in Dallas or Houston like it has been in Phoenix where I grew up. :p

I tend to go with CMW and EX w/carnauba on solid colors and EX-P on metallics in the summer, although I will go with carnaubas on garage queens.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

What hot Texas sun? Never been 122 in Dallas or Houston like it has been in Phoenix where I grew up. :p

I tend to go with CMW and EX w/carnauba on solid colors and EX-P on metallics in the summer, although I will go with carnaubas on garage queens.

I was hopin` you`d chime in Scott. See what the hot Texas sun does to your memory from summer to summer you forget how hot it was before ! Like everyone else says its the humidity that makes it seem hotter , I`d take the dry climate anyday

What kinda of durability do you get with CMW and EXw/ nuba?

Thanks Scott

Anybody that has experience with these waxes and climate conditions let me know.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    #16 is probably the only carnauba i would use with alot of direct sunshine
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    You are right, will many sealants you must wait for them to cure. I didn`t know you were asking for advice for cars you detail and not your own, sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JustinTRW

You are right, will many sealants you must wait for them to cure. I didn`t know you were asking for advice for cars you detail and not your own, sorry!

Its cool no apology needed I wish I had more than one car of mine to work on ...........:p

Thanks Justin:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax - It not the HEAT, its the HUMIDITY that kills ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

Scottwax - It not the HEAT, its the HUMIDITY that kills ya!

Is Texas really that humid? I always thought Florida had the monopoly on humidity.

I think a sealant is definitely the way to go in the summer, unless you keep your car in the garage. I just put Zaino on my wife`s daily driver so I don`t have to mess with it for the next couple of months. I did, however, put S100 on my mom`s garage queen. Since she`s going to be gone for the next two months, it looks like I`m going to have all the time for my baby.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want humidity, you need to try a Louisiana summer...or is that LA in the winter+spring+fall. You get my point, it`s a year-round chore down here. Tough to detail properly without sweating all over your work!

If you want a durable nuba I would recommend Collinite 476S or their IW.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chml17l

If you want humidity, you need to try a Louisiana summer...or is that LA in the winter+spring+fall. You get my point, it`s a year-round chore down here. Tough to detail properly without sweating all over your work!

True that you gotta love that swamp sauna !

Post Thanks / Like
    I say go with what every sealant you want, and maintain it with optimum spay wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chml17l

If you want a durable nuba I would recommend Collinite 476S or their IW.:up
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by true blue blood

I was hopin` you`d chime in Scott. See what the hot Texas sun does to your memory from summer to summer you forget how hot it was before ! Like everyone else says its the humidity that makes it seem hotter , I`d take the dry climate anyday

If I don`t look like this halfway through a detail in the summer, I`m not working hard enough.

Honestly by the first week of real summer, 100 in the shade feels normal to me. I`m out the door by 8:30 am most days and work until 6-7 pm then go skate for another 90 minutes. I`m out in it all day, doesn`t bother me or wear me down. :nixweiss

What kinda of durability do you get with CMW and EXw/ nuba?

You should get an easy 3-4 months even in the summer with either.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information