Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be available 4/20/05- a distributor posted a reflection picture at www.ls2.com in the detailing forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure you will see a lot of Z8 style products releasing in the near future. I also believe that tropicare used to be a zaino distributor.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are correct

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DETAILKING

I`m sure you will see a lot of Z8 style products releasing in the near future. I also believe that tropicare used to be a zaino distributor.

I read your post with interest. Did Tropicare make Zaino products, or did Tropicare distribute Zaino Products ? If Tropicare manufactured Zaino, then I am interested in seeing this offering. (I still want to see it otherwise) But if Tropicare is the not the manufacturer of the (Z8 type) product, who`s product is Tropicare distributing now ? That is not to say the product will not be good, but if I understood you correctly, Tropicare is a vendor. (out of curiosity brought on by recent threads, who manufactures Tropicares product?)

It is interesting that companies are following Zaino`s manufacturing/research leadership. Again it seems Zaino has had a good impact on the products offered online. (it seems that Z8 is already a standard to shoot for) Z8 is a great, advanced product, I hope more companies do offer similar products to Z8 and Z2Pro. I dont think we have ever had such a range of choices, thanks to competition. In the past companies offered the same thing for years, with no change. Zaino keeps getting better and from evidence of postings of planned new products by competing companies, seems to be dragging the quality of product offerings forward across the board ! I hope the offerings are as good as Z8, which seems to increase its cured qualities more for a day or so.

This is a good time for detailers ! Great new products and companies are really striving to bring innovation to US!:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve from Tropicare used to be a Z dist. He wasn`t involved in making the stuff, he wasn`t even located near NY. I think he is out of Texas. I think he stopped selling Z when ZBro`s started taking credit cards. I talked to him when I was reviewing his product. He`s a nice guy, and he`ll usually send you a sample to try if you pay for shipping.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen anything like Z8 before, so my question is, who makes the (new Tropicare) stuff and why hasnt it been offered before? Yay to free samples !

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a good question. Tropicare had a vesion of the ever popular Cherry Wax but upgraded it. I`m not sure where he gets the new stuff. Maybe he makes it.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand, Tropi-Care was at one time, a Zaino distributor (read; seller). After their separation, they released a Tropi-Care private label line. Tropi-care was a seller, not a manufacturer. If I recall, their first offering was a very Cherry Wax-esque product. That seemed short lived after the first internet rumors concerning the similarity of the two. They seemed to be hunting for a new release and evetually did with the current version TC-3. Ive read a few reviews on TC-3. In short, most seem to have placed it among the basic wax group.

As far as Sal Zaino products are concerned, only his hairdresser (and chemist) knows. Considering the uniqueness of Zaino, I pretty sure Sal guards his recipes like the "Soup Nazi". It does appear that since the release of Z8, there have been several rumors and announcements of Z8-like spray sealers, soon to be released. I guess Sal should probably be flattered. I feel like some of these spray sealers will be about as similar to Z8, as most waxes are to Z2 Pro.

Its only my opinion and I could be wrong....
    Im Zaino free.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know, the next new product for Tropi-Care will be a Wash/Wax Car Shampoo, I have a sample of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z8-style super QD from other manufacturers may be flattering to Zaino...

Thanks to the Zaino system for bringing up the competition. Now we have a wide range of choices. - new products to try!
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the others. Competition breeds excellence and we all benefit.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I agree with the others. Competition breeds excellence and we all benefit.

Exellence breeds competition this time. I Wonder why the OTC products are lagging so badly in the quality improvement department ? They certainly have the finances to do much better. Look at how Zaino is improving rapidly... In truth, my car is getting better ,more reflective, just sitting there curing for the second day ! I am in love with Z8. Dont the major companies care about losing market share?:nixweiss

I hope others take up the challenge of increasing the quality of their offerings. Even if Tropicare doesnt rock as much as Z8, Hats off to them for at least stepping up to the plate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I don`t think Meguiars. Turtle Wax or Mothers are really worried about Zaino, Tropi-Care or any other boutique wax/sealant companies. Those of us who really want the best look and are willing to do the required steps are few and far between compared to the average person content to wash their car and put on a coat of wax a couple times a year. They aren`t interested in clay, polishing or quick detail products no matter how good. That is why companies like Meguiars and Mothers have consumer lines dominated by waxes with at least some cleaning properites. Sure, they also have product lines that cater to the enthusiast but their bread and butter comes from retail sales.

That isn`t to say Meguiars or Mother`s don`t make top notch products because they do. It`s just that the main market they shoot for prefers ease of use over anything else.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Honestly, I don`t think Meguiars. Turtle Wax or Mothers are really worried about Zaino, Tropi-Care or any other boutique wax/sealant companies. Those of us who really want the best look and are willing to do the required steps are few and far between compared to the average person content to wash their car and put on a coat of wax a couple times a year. They aren`t interested in clay, polishing or quick detail products no matter how good. That is why companies like Meguiars and Mothers have consumer lines dominated by waxes with at least some cleaning properites. Sure, they also have product lines that cater to the enthusiast but their bread and butter comes from retail sales.

That isn`t to say Meguiars or Mother`s don`t make top notch products because they do. It`s just that the main market they shoot for prefers ease of use over anything else.

Exactly what I was going to say!(in not so many words of course):xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    SHHHHHHHHH! More for us!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information