Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    i`ll start a list of what i feel are some of the blatant myths posted here

1) silicone is BAD

2) polishes with "fillers" or oils are bad

3) NXT or any other product with any amount of specialized cleaners are a CLEANER WAX

4) OTC products are inferior to "specialized private branded products"

Anyone care to add some more? I`m posting this not to start a flame war but rather to say that its time to post accurate info not misleading info

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT is a sort of cleaner wax. It`s meant to be a one step wax for the average consumer.

I don`t think most of those are thought to be true here. There are many OTC products people use (Mother`s Billet & Aluminum Polish, GC wash, etc...)

Polishes with fillers or oils have their own purpose, and considering people are going to be doing more than a one step polish, they don`t fit in normal regimens.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, one man`s myth is another man`s religion

But I`m all for a list of blatantly untrue stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    "OTC products are inferior to "specialized private branded products"

I have to happen to agree with this statement. I have tried dozens of OTC products and very few are worthwhile - examples would be NXT soap, Stoner`s IG, Eagle One Tire Swipes.

The fact is that boutique soaps and waxes and other chemicals are made and sold by smaller businesses that can use higher end ingredients and do smaller batches or runs for the highest quality.

I certainly keep an open mind, maybe the Michelin tire products will be great for instance, but I like supporting the higher quality product firms like PakShak, Pinnacle, P21S, ExcelDetail, Wayne`s, Wolfgang, Sonus, etc. that may not show up at the local Pep Boys.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not saying that slightly better products don`t exist but rather attempting to hit the "Turtle Wax is junk" and other type of hit and run posts that occur-Mohters products are a good example of some very good OTC offerings for a wide range of users

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT is a cleaner wax.

Lets examine further, it`s a wax, it has cleaners, and according to Mike Phillips isn`t layerable. Yep, sounds like a cleaner wax to me.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad- perfect example of an eroneuous post- Mike has stated repeatedly that a second application of NXT will not remove an entire layer of previously applied NXT-if you choose to disagree thats fine but to blatently post the info is unethical

Post Thanks / Like
    2) polishes with "fillers" or oils are bad

When did fillers become bad or have I missed something

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BradE

NXT is a cleaner wax.

Lets examine further, it`s a wax, it has cleaners, and according to Mike Phillips isn`t layerable. Yep, sounds like a cleaner wax to me.

:werd:
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SilverLexus

"OTC products are inferior to "specialized private branded products"

I have to happen to agree with this statement. I have tried dozens of OTC products and very few are worthwhile - examples would be NXT soap, Stoner`s IG, Eagle One Tire Swipes.

The fact is that boutique soaps and waxes and other chemicals are made and sold by smaller businesses that can use higher end ingredients and do smaller batches or runs for the highest quality.

I certainly keep an open mind, maybe the Michelin tire products will be great for instance, but I like supporting the higher quality product firms like PakShak, Pinnacle, P21S, ExcelDetail, Wayne`s, Wolfgang, Sonus, etc. that may not show up at the local Pep Boys.

I agree 100%. I like the boutique products better,they cater to thr "real" autopian and pro. OTC products have to be kind of "idiot proof" for the average user.

Post Thanks / Like
    Myth...hmm....how about DACP is hard to remove :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SilverLexus

very few are worthwhile - examples would be NXT soap, Stoner`s IG, Eagle One Tire Swipes.

Are you saying those products ARE worthwhile, or aren`t?

:nixweiss

I think all three of those mentioned products are great.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    myth- WalMart microfibers scratch your cars surface-improperly using a product produces scratches

Post Thanks / Like
    No flame war intended either, but...

Never heard anyone say that polishes with fillers or oils are bad. They may be "bad" if you are trying to provide a base coat for a sealant because of adhesion issues, but never have they been deemed bad because they are just plain "bad." #80 has oils and everyone here seems to love it :nixweiss

A majority of the folks here including professionals use OTC products such as car wash soaps, glass cleaners, all purpose cleaners, dressings, quick detailers, spray waxes, regular waxes, etc... People don`t "bash" them at all. People may bash the durability like Gold Class, NXT or Mother`s, but not their results. Then again Souveran and P21s durability stinks.

Mike Phillips indicated I believe that NXT was not really layerbale because it has cleaners in it. Correct me if I`m wrong.

I don`t know much about silicon to comment. But I wouldn`t want my tire treads to be covered in it from a tire shine. Ask Jimmy Buffit who nearly lost it in his Miata on brand new tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wannafbody

Brad- perfect example of an eroneuous post- Mike has stated repeatedly that a second application of NXT will not remove an entire layer of previously applied NXT-if you choose to disagree thats fine but to blatently post the info is unethical

No more unethical than your "theories" about Zaino, a product which you have never used.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information