Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been reading that oxi clean is a good interior product. I personally use banana oil and it serves two purposes, it cleans and leaves pleasant banana oder of course. But there`s one problem, Banana oil cleans so good the rug becomes too clean in some places, so I think going over the whole thing with oxiclean sounds good. However, this is my question, I`ve had oxiclean make my rug crunchy after it dried, has anyone else had this? What can be done to avoid it?

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxiclean crunchy rugs that smell like a banana???

Ouch...

I personally have never tried the Oxi Clean stuff in the car. I dont think your "rug" will be crunchy though.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I did try it on the rug in my house and it was crunchy that`s why I asked. I used the recommended amount and used hot water, and cleaned up fairly well, but crunch crunch. I really like the stuff and would like to know how others are doing it.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a good write up on it by GSRstilez http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...2&pagenumber=1

After cleaning, you could try rinsing the fabric with clean water and then sucking that out. That should remove any remaning oxy clean residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it is crunchy then the oxi clean is not being rinsed out and is drying in your carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a professional carpet cleaner I would not use oxy clean on carpets. Many many times I`ve walked into a ladys house where shes used oxy clean on stains and it bleached her carpet to a different color. Ive made lots of friends in the carpet cleaning industry and not a one of them would ever consider using oxyclean for anything, except for laundry. There are much better alternatives to get carpet clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Ed Hartman

As a professional carpet cleaner I would not use oxy clean on carpets. Many many times I`ve walked into a ladys house where shes used oxy clean on stains and it bleached her carpet to a different color. Ive made lots of friends in the carpet cleaning industry and not a one of them would ever consider using oxyclean for anything, except for laundry. There are much better alternatives to get carpet clean.

I use it all of the time for home and for vehivles. Some of the oxiclean types contain bleach which could be the problem. I have found oxi clean to be the best. I use Clorox without bleach oxi stuff.

Thread Information