Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided that I needed to start preparation for winter protection today but I could not use my PC due to an electrician working in the house.

I wanted to try the new method of using a spray bottle to apply Extra Gloss and CMA`s tip of applying the Gloss directly on the Resin without buffing first.

After washing and drying the car, I applied the Resin and left it to dry for about an hour. Using a small spray bottle does seem to be a very effective method of using Gloss and seems to dissolve the surplus Resin leaving a semi clear finish.

My biggest problem with the Autoglym twins has been the excessive powder which appears during buffing the Resin and the Gloss can be difficult to buff if to much is used.

I was very pleased to discover how easily the Gloss buffed off with almost none of the excess powder. The only part I had difficulty with was where I had applied to much Gloss to one of the panels. A quick wipe with some fresh Gloss cut through this quickly.

I am very pleased with the results, applying the Gloss without buffing saved time and reduced the chances of micro marring.

If the weather holds out, I will apply another layer or two and then top with a wax (not sure which yet).

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information and your insightsâ€Â¦/

I must of missed the CMA`s memo, but it`s something I`ll definetly try
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the tip. Did you use fine mist sprayer head ?
    Check out my detailing

Addicted to Autopia !

Post Thanks / Like
    HI lowejackson, Can you let me know how you get on with topping the AG Extra Gloss - what you used and what the results were like.

Btw - what colour car have you got - I`m assuming it`s an Alfa?

Thanks

Graham

Post Thanks / Like
    carcrazy22

Yes, a mist sprayer head seems to use a lot less Gloss. The idea was not mine but it works very well. I can only assume that this method allows a very thin layer of Gloss, which is why it is much easier to buff.

gkerr4

The Gloss can be layered although I have not tried more than 2 or 3 layers previously

TOGWT

From http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html

If youâ€â„¢re a perfectionist, you can repeat the above steps using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. You do not need to wait for the Super Resin Polish to dry before applying the Extra Gloss Protection. It can be applied immediately

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit off topic, but have you used the gloss on top of another polish, like AIO? If so, do you feel that the results are different from what you obtained using this described method?

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see people are trying my spray bottle technique

I have applied #16 over EGP with great results (steel blue BMW)

PK

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything thats thin enough to get through a spray head becomes a spray-on product for me now.... Generally I find it makes applying quicker with a thinner layer, and generally just that little bit easier.

Cheers .

Post Thanks / Like
    raymond_ho2002

No, I have not mixed and matched the Gloss with any other product but nor can I remember any other threads where this was tried.

I guess Autoglym would claim the products are designed to work in concert and the way Gloss dissolves excess Resin seems to bear this out. I have not tried Klasse and we think of them as `twins` but in they were developed separately. One was for boats and the other was for cars. So maybe there is room for experimentation next spring

PK1

Full credit to the man who suggested putting Gloss in a spray bottle :xyxthumbs

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

carcrazy22

Yes, a mist sprayer head seems to use a lot less Gloss. The idea was not mine but it works very well. I can only assume that this method allows a very thin layer of Gloss, which is why it is much easier to buff.

gkerr4

The Gloss can be layered although I have not tried more than 2 or 3 layers previously

TOGWT

From http://www.properautocare.com/autsuprespol.html

If youâ€â„¢re a perfectionist, you can repeat the above steps using Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection. You do not need to wait for the Super Resin Polish to dry before applying the Extra Gloss Protection. It can be applied immediately

Thanks for the link.

"If youâ€â„¢re a perfectionist" [this is Autopia, is there any doubt ... ;-)
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also tried adding Gloss to my rear windscreen. Although this is not recommended by Autoglym, I accidentally oversprayed some Gloss onto the rear glass. After buffing it away it did seem to enhance the shine of the glass and therefore I did the entire rear windscreen. No sign of any negative effects but I will report back with either good or bad news

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question regarding the spray bottle method. After you spray EGP on do you spread it around with a cloth or are you just spraying it on and letting it dry then guffing it off?
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    spray + spread..... the spray part of the method just helps keep the layer being applied thinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago, I heard talk of combining some AG SRP and EGP (equal measures maybe) in a container, giving it a good shake up, then using the mix. Remember trying it once myself, but can`t remember whether it had any positive benefits or not.

Similarly, it was also suggested that applying AG ITR (Intensive Tar Remover) to lower panels, then using SRP right over the top (without removing any ITR residue) was good too.
    ex-Autoglym-er finding better products all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lowejackson

PK1

Full credit to the man who suggested putting Gloss in a spray bottle :xyxthumbs [/B]

Thanks Lowe !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information