Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a little bored today and decided to do my first comparison. I saw my old faithful Absorber sitting there looking lonely and decided to remind myself why I don`t use it anymore!

I thought this would be a good time to do a comparison of the Absorber Drying sponge and a Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying towel.

Before I decide to sell any products these are the type of tests I personally perform. I pick products I see work superior to others as a result of these tests.

First, the contenders!

Now lets compare textures. The Waffle Weave has the advantage already with its many fibers and multi textures surface.

The object!

Lets see how the Absorber does.

Not so great. Results could have been improved if I were to exert un-necessary force. Because the Absorber is a Sponge material you must press down hard for its texture to be flat on the surface, this is why the large beads slipped under it. Un-necessary force required to obtain the desired result would potentially be harmful to the paint.

Here is a close up of where the Absorber DID do a good job, In all fairness we will use it as a comparison.

Time for the Waffle Weave,

Lets see how it fairs,

No pressure at all and there is no sign of water anywhere! The surface it totally streak free.

Here is a close up!

The winner? The Absorber has a nice plastic container.....but the Waffle Weave takes the cake.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two Absorbers that are in their cases gathering dust. After I gave waffleweaves a try that was the end for the Absorber.

Actually there are so many new microfiber towels available now that are so superior to the old chamois and its imitators the entire way we dry our vehicles has changed.

Great pictures to show the benefits of mf towels.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job.....! I too used an abosrber for many months, but the ww is by far superior........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ill agree that waffle weaves are superior, but sometimes, I will use the absorber on windows before i use the waffle weave mf.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Blake

I have two Absorbers that are in their cases gathering dust. After I gave waffleweaves a try that was the end for the Absorber.

My sentiments exactly. I haven`t used my Absorbers in years since I discovered waffleweave MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like to use the absorber to remove most of the water and then follow up with a WW

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have a absorber give it to a friend,a cousin a brother -in-law,and keep it away from your car

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I never felt comfortable with it. Especially since I do QEW, which leaves some dirt floating around and the absorber would just press it against the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    And thanks for the comparo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the absorber on my S-10 but it was getting old and I tossed it, switching to all WW, after getting my new car. Never looked back! Thanks for the visual comparo. Should help some noobs out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures, nice job. I also have an Absorber, but haven`t used it since I got my latest car. Now that I`ve learned the "remove the nozzle from the hose for your final rinse" trick here at Autopia, I have no need for anything but a WW to get the car nice and dry.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all of you so far. I used to have an absorber, but after using waffles I have never used the absorber since.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not intended as a flame... but isn`t it more common autopian practice to blot when drying than wiping as done in the test? Michg be just me, but it seems like my abosrber works much better when blotting than when wiping. Just a suggestion/idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use two waffle weaves to completely dry my 4Runner. And the 2nd towel is only half saturated with water which possibly could be used to dry a compact car.

The great thing about the waffle weave towels is that they don`t or can`t be wringed. They are very thirsty.

With Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Well considering both items were used in the same fashion it still compares the products performance to the others. I’m sure I would get similar results with blotting. I am an Autopian and I wipe, not blot. Personal preference.

Chris Pace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information