Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When you apply it with the supplied foam applicator and remove with a terry cloth? I`ve never used a micro fiber towel before. I have a dark blue car, so streaking has been an issue with another wax that I tried (Rain-X Ultra wax). I`ve never experienced streaking when I used the consumer Zymol cleaner wax that is readily avalible at Wal-mart. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you apply NXT (or pretty much any product) in a thin layer, wait the recommended time, you shouldn`t get streaking. Microfiber towels will definitely help.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the thickness of the application of NXT has a lot to do with streaking. I used NXT on my red Honda this past weekend, and put way too much on the hood. I got all kinds of streaks on the hood. The rest of the car turned out okay after I used much less.

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied an extremely thin layer of NXT to a Laguna Blue Miata using PC and a finishing pad, and waited 15 minutes or so to dry (cool, dry day). Smeared like crazy upon removal. I saw minor smearing when I did my WRX, but the flake in the silver paint is so bright, it was difficult to see, so I didn`t stress over it too much. But the Miata I was doing for money, and that blue paint showed the oily smears like crazy . . . I knocked about 30% off of what I was charging the guy because it looked so bad, and I came back the next day to apply a different last-step product.

Just another data point,

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have done a silver Cavallier , Burgundy S-10 , Red Jetta , Blue Cavallier , Copper Mirano , Biege Toyota SUV and all applied with a small cordless orbital. No steaking on any. All were done between 50 & 70 F. And removed with a MF under the PC at 3.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Any product will streak if you use too much of it. It`s just every product is a bit different as to what is "too much", and of course external factors play into that too. But NXT is pretty easy to use and not get streaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve played around with NXT a bit,to thick like some products won`t help when removing.Another thing I tried which made for some problems in removing was putting a second layer on a half hour later(wait 24 hrs like your suppose too).Misting a MF pad with a QD like #34 have given me the best results in getting it on thin and evenly.I like using a MF pad better than the foam pad that comes with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 04BlackAV

.Misting a MF pad with a QD like #34 have given me the best results in getting it on thin and evenly.I like using a MF pad better than the foam pad that comes with it.

You might want to watch doing this .. your basically changing the chemical composition of the product by misting with anything. End results might be effected. Your better off to work some product into the applicator at the start.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    True,but I was under the impression all Meguiar`s products were compatible with each other.That would be like telling someone not to mist the pad with Z6 when applying Z5/Z2.

Post Thanks / Like

True,but I was under the impression all Meguiar`s products were compatible with each other.That would be like telling someone not to mist the pad with Z6 when applying Z5/Z2.

If you feel the need to mist the pad why not use water? If it has an effect on the product it would be less than what might happen by misting with FI.

Post Thanks / Like

QD and Tech Wax are completely different chemically though. No matter what product I use, if I need to dampen the applicator, I use water.

Meguiars products do work together well but if you spray some #34 onto the applicator, you are mixing products instead of using them in the order intended, ie, apply NXT, then QD with #34 as needed.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

That might be a different story .. matter of fact its recommended you use Z6 under Z2 etc. And thier tips & tricks says to use it.

I checked with the Meguiars rep onthis and he confirmed it may change the chemistry for the first bit untill the dillution ratio comes back to the NXT side. Who knows .. it might not effect anything .. yet it might.

I don`t think compatable means mixing together in an uncured state and changing the chemistry.

Just food for thought.. Maybe that why some have streaking & drying problems...
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    On the *one* car I`ve tried NXT on, no streaking at all.

I did notice that when I put product on the foam applicator itself, I tend to use more product and hence put it on too thick.

What I do now is to buy those little 2oz craft bottles that normally dispense glue and use those to dispense product. Then, after initially wetting the pad with some product, I lightly squirt a dime sized amount on a panel and then use the pad wipe it over a panel.

With this method, I waste very little product and find it very easy to apply very thin layers. YMMV.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    My mistake in using water with both Zaino and NXT is that I sometimes get the pad to wet and it seems to then cement the product to the paint,making it hard to remove after.That`s why I used Z6 with the Zaino and tried FI with the NXT.Now it seems that`s not a good idea.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Would using a terry cloth or MF applicator work better with this product? Seem like when I use a foam applicator with NXT, it doesn`t bite on the car`s surface enough for me to really work the product. The initial swipe puts down a thick white line, which I keep going over to thin it out. After that initial swipe, I can usually lay the product down thin and even.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information