Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well guys, today I used NXT for the first time and have some very interesting observations. I was going to go around once with a white pad and some GEPC but decided to give NXT a whire with no prep and see how it did. I wanted to know if it did have these good optical qualities by itself. The paint was in pretty good shape, some mild swirling on the sides from winter washing and the sides needed to be clayed. I applied the NXT with my PC and a CMA Grey pad at speed 2.5. let it sit for 15 minutes before buffing. It was about 55 out (woo hoo!) dry and sunny. There may have still been SOME Colinite 476 on there. I washed it yesterday so I used Poorboys S&W beforehand.

I`m going to form my opinion based in questions I had going in and my answers coming out.

1. How does the product smell?

When I opened the bottle I wasn`t overjoyed with the scent. It smelled like lime somewhat and chemical the rest. When using it however, wow what a smell! The whole area just filled with that Key Lime smell. Easily the best smelling product I`ve used. It STILL smells like Key Lime out there.

How easy is it to spread?

I was very impressed with its spreadability with the PC. Using Poorboys EX or any other thick liquid with the PC it tends to gum up causing me to have to use a lot of product to get it to spread right and not dry up. With the NXT that wasn`t an issue and it spread around very easily. May be due in part to the solvents we now know it contains that other liquid products I`ve used like EX do not contain, who knows.

How easy is it to buff?

I was a little dissapointed in the ease of buffing. It dusted some, but not a lot. If I had clayed and polished beforehand it may have been a different story, but on the un-prepped paint it smeared a little and dusted a little.

How does it look?

It looks amazing. I agree with the people who say its the first product that really wowed them upon removal, and it really wowed me. Real metallic pop and highlights, very deep look with high reflection. It honestly did look like I had spent hours prepping the surface. I can`t wait to try it out with the proper steps beforehand here in a month or so when I`m sure winter is really gone. One coat of NXT looked better than GEPC topped with 3 coats of EX on a perfectly prepped and clayed car.

Does it hide swirls?

There is no doubt about the fact that it hides light swirling, it definately does. The way it seems to do it is interesting also. If you get in real close and look you can still see the swirls lightly, but back out a foot and they`re gone. Its almost like its not filling them but the optical properties of the product mask them. We`ll see how long this effect lasts, but from one foot from the paint surface it looks again like I`ve spent hours prepping.

Is it slick?

Yes, towel just glides over the surface.

I`m really impressed with the product and will definately try it over all of the prepwork I`m planning on doing here in a couple weeks. I can`t wait to see what the pro version of this is going to be like. :bounce

Is it a revolutionary product? Not really but it is an excellent one. I think it will be a big hit for Meguiars in the consumer market, if not in the pro market. If they can come out with a version that is layerable and doesn`t contain any cleaners in the pro line then that may change.

No pics yet, as I was finishing up my fiance wanted to go for a walk and when we got back the light was gone. I`m going to do one more coat tomorrow and then I`ll take and post pics.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GoodnClean

How easy is it to buff?

I was a little disappointed in the ease of buffing. It dusted some, but not a lot. If I had clayed and polished beforehand it may have been a different story, but on the un-prepped paint it smeared a little and dusted a little.

Hi GoodnClean,

I must say, I opened your post with hesitation and was pleased you liked the product and your results seem to reflect mine, (no pun intended )

During my how-to classes on Saturday`s, the hands-on demonstration usually ends with the wipe-off where I do my best to pick just the right person to remove the NXT Tech Wax,

Like this person,

Applied in thin coats, I have found it to always remove very easily. I have noticed a number of comments about NXT removing a little harder than some people thought it should and it would appear that in at least some of these incidents, the temperature was on the cold side.

Who knows? :nixweiss

Sorry to say, here in SoCal, it`s been pretty warm most of the time I`ve been in the garage detailing.

Question: Have you ever used the PC to remove a wax using a bonnet?

If not, send me your shipping address and I`ll send you two of our new microfiber bonnets to try out. I think they work great and for whatever reason, they seem to up the gloss.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. I have to agree NXT is really getting hammered on this board. The only thing that i`m wondering about is why this stuff beads water at first but after a wash the water sheets off.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodnClean, glad you made that `real life, common people` test of NXT.

It is selling all over, so it is a product to be used off the shelf into someones car, without prep. You showed us how it worked under those conditions.

It`s not a Autopians `only` oriented product, but provides common people (almost) Autopian results!

It`s all about the looks....:up When a lady use make up she wants to look good right now, not on the next couple of months

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I`ll PM you the address right now, thanks! I may have used a little too much, I usually do the first time I use a product.

As of my first experience I don`t see why its getting hammered so much, even if you didn`t like the shine its hardly a difficult product to use. Its unquestionably competent...

Maybe on different paint colors...

If I get crazy tomorrow after doing the second coat I`ll throw a coat on the Explorer (its white), and then maybe if it stays nice this weekend I`ll do my dad`s LS430 (its dark charcoal) and my Mom`s FX35 (its a platinum) and see if my findings hold true. My dad is in Germany and his car has been sitting at the airport all week so I`m sure it needs some attention anyway...

Maybe a good thread to start would be "Why don`t you like NXT?" I see nothing specifically un-likable about it. Maybe if you didnt like Key Lime, because the smell is very strong when using it. I applied it on one panel by hand and it went on very easily.

I mean, if it looks like crap in two days then thats one thing, but from the reviews I`ve read that doesn`t seem to be the case...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mantic6t9

Thanks for the review. I have to agree NXT is really getting hammered on this board. The only thing that i`m wondering about is why this stuff beads water at first but after a wash the water sheets off.

Like Geekysteve mentioned in a post,

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...8&pagenumber=5

I wish manufacturers and distributors wouldn`t get so defensive over findings and discussions - heck, if I were a manufacturer, I`d see it as an opportunity to evaluate my product and I`d try to wring as much free "focus group" info as I could from the whole experience.

Hammered is a good word, so is feedback.

As to the beading/sheeting thing.

I don`t know why.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing, I almost like the sheeting of the water better. I have less water spots and easier to dry. NXT is getting hammered but all that maters is your own opinion and I have nothing but high marks for NXT. After 5 weeks on my truck its still there sheeting water and when clean its shines. I will say it is not as slick as it once was.
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodnClean,

Excellent objective review.

I may try applying with my PC on the wife`s black Lexus since it is driven daily and get the "full" effect of NXT. I too was impressed with the initial appearance produced by NXT. Normally, except for EX, the appearance quality has to grow on me. NXT shouts its appearance! :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    But what product really is as slick as it was after 5 weeks? I never even experienced that with Zaino.

To me this product is like S100. Sure you can say you don`t like the look, look is always a personal thing. I don`t see however how you can say this is a bad product, it doesn`t do anything badly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-my beading/sheeting observations is this:

When it rains, NXT beads. When washing with QEW, NXT beads. When washing with NXT Wash, NXT sheets when you rinse using strong pressure.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

To me this product is like S100. Sure you can say you don`t like the look, look is always a personal thing. I don`t see however how you can say this is a bad product, it doesn`t do anything badly...

These are the words! Exactly my opinion! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Well let me ask this and if i like the reply i will go out tomorrow and buy a bottle of NXT. My questions is about the sheeting. When you rinse it does it sheet away fast or does it sheet slow?

With s100 and a steady streem of water it just zips off and there is no water left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

But what product really is as slick as it was after 5 weeks? I never even experienced that with Zaino.

The Excursion that I used Poorboy`s PwC and EX w/carnauba back in December is still noticably slick. I QEW wash it 3-4 times a month with a conventional wash or two thrown in when it has been out at his deer lease. This Excursion is about 4 years old and has 138,000 miles on it (as of today when I washed it), so it isn`t still slick just because it has new paint.

I hope I get similar results with NXT. So far, a BMW 745 (about 18 months old now) that I used NXT on is still beading like mad and the paint is slick (I used a polish before using NXT), even after he took it through a self serve car wash the other day and used their soap and foaming brush (it has snowed over the weekend and he couldn`t stand how dirty his car was). It isn`t as slick when I first applied NXT, but it is noticable.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well let me ask this and if i like the reply i will go out tomorrow and buy a bottle of NXT. My questions is about the sheeting. When you rinse it does it sheet away fast or does it sheet slow?

With s100 and a steady streem of water it just zips off and there is no water left behind.

It sheets if you blast the paint with heavy force or when you remove the nozzle and let the water run slowly over the paint. The NXT wash sees to further encourage this.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    But is it just AS SLICK as it was?

Thats another thing I never got either was people saying they didn`t get any longevity out of EX...

after he took it through a self serve car wash the other day and used their soap and foaming brush (it has snowed over the weekend and he couldn`t stand how dirty his car was).

But did he HAVE to use the brush? :shocked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information