Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash mitts from Autogeek

Ultra Soft Microfiber Rinseless Wash Mitt

I saw these for sale on AG. Seems like a very good price and the reviews are good. They seem to stress that they are for rinseless washes, but is there any reason why they would not work for a traditional wash method as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash mitts from Autogeek

I`ve got two. They`re my go-to mitts for washing with regular shampoo, and I just throw them in with my towels when I`m done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1975 View Post

I saw these for sale on AG. Seems like a very good price and the reviews are good. They seem to stress that they are for rinseless washes, but is there any reason why they would not work for a traditional wash method as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they last longer than the sheepskin mitts

Post Thanks / Like

Hope they last longer than the sheepskin mitts
    I`ve got a nice wool wash mitt but I usually grab these out of convenience. They`re comparable to the Meguiar`s mitt. I`ve washed them a dozen times and they still look new so I`m satisfied.
    Likes Bill1975 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 8 of these...love them...I use these and the micro wash bone for RW with the washboard grit guard...they release dirt well with the grit guards. the only thing I`d change is the cuff and the loop string...I always have to make sure to keep them up and away from the paint (I don`t generally wear the cuffed wash mitts).

I`ve had some of mine for a year or so at least I believe and no issues.

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I`ve got two. They`re my go-to mitts for washing with regular shampoo, and I just throw them in with my towels when I`m done.
    Yea I`ve got microfiber mitts I use for traditional 2 BM washes but I can`t think of a reason why these rinseless mitts wouldn`t work. I have a few that I`ve used exclusively for RWs and they`re great because they release dirt so well. Maybe since they have a shorter nap they weren`t designed for really dirty cars but I would give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t help but think how my BHBs are not only soft enough to not mar (in-and-of themselves, at least when used properly), but also *TOO* gentle to get things perfectly clean (thus requiring a more aggressive follow-up).

Is/could that be an issue with these?

Not flaming them by any means, just wondering.

And, noting that I might be an outlier here (again), I`m all about the GDWM with a rinseless...do people really try to rinse their wash media out? I`d just buy a bunch of these and get a new one when the one I`m using gets soiled. Nothing that`s even potentially dirty is gonna touch my paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I can`t help but think how my BHBs are not only soft enough to not mar (in-and-of themselves, at least when used properly), but also *TOO* gentle to get things perfectly clean (thus requiring a more aggressive follow-up).

Is/could that be an issue with these?

Not flaming them by any means, just wondering.

And, noting that I might be an outlier here (again), I`m all about the GDWM with a rinseless...do people really try to rinse their wash media out? I`d just buy a bunch of these and get a new one when the one I`m using gets soiled. Nothing that`s even potentially dirty is gonna touch my paint.
    I have had no problems using the microfiber mitt and rinsing it while doing a rinseless wash. I use a 2 BM and plenty of Uber and don`t ring the water out of my mitt after dunking so there`s lots of water on the panel. I thought I was going overboard when I saw Corey`s (from Carpro) Youtube video of him using Ech2o and not even flipping his towel to a clean side after each pass. He showed how much dirt his towel was picking up and just kept right on using that same side to make pass after pass on that panel. I guess theory being that the product creates so much lubricity and traps the dirt so well that it`s not scratching the paint? Too radical for me but I don`t have issues with cleaning my mitt on the fly for a RW (just like I`d do with a regular mitt doing a 2 BM wash with car shampoo).

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good all around. I`ve gotten frustrated with $20 sheepskin mitts wearing out, so two mf mitts for $8 is a great deal. I do both traditional and timeless washes, so these should be great.

Post Thanks / Like

BoomDone- Yeah, I think that`s how a lot of people do it. I`m just so...nutty-paranoid that I`d never even think of doing a 2BM wash

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve gotten frustrated with $20 sheepskin mitts wearing out....
    Wonder why mine last so long?!? Not like I take proper care of `em...But yeah, good MF mitts last so long I`ve *never* worn one out.

Post Thanks / Like

My sheepskin mitts are fine too and I don`t take super good care of them. I would never think of a two bucket approach either. I just use a clean , new mitt usually per panel.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Heh heh, your dedicated-to-panel mitt system even puts *me* on the trailer! I`m assuming you`re still doing that...

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still doing it but I admit I never let the car get really dirty so that helps in avoiding marring
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I clicked on the link just because...

Would you just be better served with a nice edgless long nap MF.

I could never figure out how to wash safe with cuffs.
    Me wonders depending on the MF and how it`s detailed on the edge....how hard would it be to decuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information