Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Nufinish paste vs liquid

Someone recommended Nufinish to me in a thread here a few weeks ago and i love it. But i didn`t find the paste so i got the liquid. Now i have found it in paste form near me so i wanted to ask, is the paste better in any way? not concerned with ease of apply/remove, just longevity/look. Please keep it to paste vs liquid and not recommendations for other products. Just wanna know about Nufinish paste vs liquid, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nufinish paste vs liquid

Could you please give up the name of the forum member who recommended Nu-Finish to you so we can have him or her banned. All kidding aside, I gave up using NF because it really stains the heck out of trim. I liked it so much that it was my go-to product before I started trying new products. Boy am I glad I tried new products. If you like NF, then you would LOVE Klasse AIO.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is only one way you`ll absolutely know for sure. Do a side by side and then let us know.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I have a lot of paste waxes, but liquids are nice because you don`t run the risk of introducing foreign bodies back into the main wax supply while detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    I have a lot of paste waxes, but liquids are nice because you don`t run the risk of introducing foreign bodies back into the main wax supply while detailing.
    Good point, i have dealt with that issue too but hadn`t thought of that. Still, if the paste is better i`d deal with that. Do you find a difference in pastes vs liquids in general as far as look and/or longevity?

Post Thanks / Like

Usually, with my experiences with pastes and liquid waxes, paste waxes look better than liquids, but they don`t last as long. But, some wax manufacturers are different from others, so I would say the best way to really know would be to do a side by side comparison and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    Could you please give up the name of the forum member who recommended Nu-Finish to you so we can have him or her banned. All kidding aside, I gave up using NF because it really stains the heck out of trim. I liked it so much that it was my go-to product before I started trying new products. Boy am I glad I tried new products. If you like NF, then you would LOVE Klasse AIO.
    It might have been me. Ban me please! In the thread he is reffering to he had asked about a good OTC wax. In my book it is a good wax and probably better than most OTC products. I have an arsenal of the "got to have products" they aren`t that much more effective at what a person is trying to accomplish and that is protection for your paint. Out of all the latest and greatest the only one I have that would be considered better is Blackfire Crystal Sealant and the only thing that has that I like is ease of use. It sure isn`t going to outlast Nufinish for durabilty. And when it is gone I will move onto the other must have products I have.

PS, please fell free to ban me. Make sure you remove all trace of me having been here because I am like a bad virus, I will just keep popping up.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse@Autopia View Post
    Usually, with my experiences with pastes and liquid waxes, paste waxes look better than liquids, but they don`t last as long. But, some wax manufacturers are different from others, so I would say the best way to really know would be to do a side by side comparison and see what happens.
    Yeah, IMO this just reinforces the "different stuff is different"- in stark contrast to Jesse, my experience has generally been that pastes look "deeper/richer" while liquids look "brighter" and more significantly, the pastes last quite a bit longer.

Some people prefer liquids, others prefer pastes, and at the risk of being an Autopian Heretic again, IMO the various diffs just aren`t significant enough for somebody to use the one they don`t prefer. Use what ya like.

And FWIW, some products sure do bring out the quips! NuFinish, TW...not sure what it`s about, but it sure does happen a lot. Betcha a good detailer could do some exotic with one of those, take good pics, and have everybody here oohing-and-ahing...right up until he said what was really on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, IMO this just reinforces the "different stuff is different"- in stark contrast to Jesse, my experience has generally been that pastes look "deeper/richer" while liquids look "brighter" and more significantly, the pastes last quite a bit longer...
    ^ This, with few exceptions. Other than ease of use (and that`s a big one in many people`s eyes) I see few benefits for the liquid waxes. There are many paste waxes that are just as easy to use. If longevity is your goal steer towards the pastes. Anyway, that`s been my observation.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Well i took your advice and O`rileys AP had it on sale for $6.99. I found out why when i opened it at home. The paste looked like tripe and was floating in a pool of clear water consistency liquid that had separated from it. And the white paste itself was about as liquid as Nufinih liquid. If i mixed it together the consistancy would be more liquid than Nufinish liquid. I suppose it`s very old stock they got cheap and thats why it`s on sale. It`s going back early tomorrow morning, as i just about died on the way over in this 100+ degree heat. What a friggin PITA.

Post Thanks / Like

116 here at 3:20pm. And yes I agree Pastes last longer as a general rule.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    116 here at 3:20pm. And yes I agree Pastes last longer as a general rule.

Dave
    Wow, it`s been 113 here before but thats the hottest i ever remember. But boy do i remember that day ! Luckily tho it`s not humid here today and in arizona i assume the same. Thats what gets ya. Beautiful place, arizona. I`d probably be living there if i didn`t have friends/family/job here.

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I used the liquid and liked it. I picked up the paste a while ago during a close-out sale. I used it on my mothers car a few times. I noticed it separated and I could not get it to mix back together. It was never subject to freezing, I tossed it. With a paste I always cover it back up after dipping, to keep stuff out as mentioned above.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than ease of use for machine application I haven`t found any reason to use liquid waxes. Paste all the way for me.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think paste and liquid are any different when it comes to Nufinish. I took back the spoiled can and got a new can thats good, but upon opening it i realized it`s barely thicker than the liquid. More like custard than a paste. Like the old "Rally" from the 70`-80`s. So i can`t imagine it being any different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information