Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a spray wax. Suggestion?

What is the best "bang for your buck" spray wax? I am thinking about getting a gallon of Meg`s synthetic express spray wax.

I have been using chemical guys v7 after I was my car, would the Meg`s product give me more shine?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a spray wax. Suggestion?

D156 is great.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes mleroy1989 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree megs 156 xpress spray wax good stuff, good price.
    Likes mleroy1989 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eco touch spray wax.

Eco Touch Quick Wax

The new XMT 360 is another good one i have read.

Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax 32 oz. New Formula!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Remember this...long after the price is forgotten the quality remains: Here are my recommendations all of which are excellent products. Remember they have sales constantly so figure -20% discount assuming you can wait a week or two.

Optimum Spray Wax ($50/gal)
    Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax ($80/gal)
    Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax

Not a wax but rather a sealant, Blackfire Crystal Seal (or Optimum Opti-Seal) ($30/8 oz which will last longer than a gallon of spray wax, is much easier to use and protects the paint longer) If you haven`t tried BFCS I strongly recommend it - I don`t use spray wax anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Waxedshine aquabead is $40 for 1L, which is diluted 3:1. Spray on rinse off. Recent review on here said it doesnt have the streaking issues of Hydro2
    Slate Metallic 2015 Toyota Corolla LE, 1.8L CVT

Bright White 2014 Dodge GCV, 30th Anniversary Edition, Blacktop Package. 3.6L 6A

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

my answer would be Eagle One Nanowax spray. it has Nano Polymer technology, and light fillers. best thing is its available at Auto Zone or Advanced so you don`t have to pay shipping charges. I think its $7.99 a bottle but it often goes on sale at either store for $4.50-5.00. its what we use whenever we do washes by themselves without polish or wax, we don`t let anything out the door without some kind of protection. I have tested it rather extensively on many vehicles and it will last a month or two, provides excellent slickness and gloss, just an all around good spray wax, available locally, and cheap. I know, I know, its Eagle One. but it works and uses some pretty advanced technology that most others don`t. I wouldn`t keep using it if it wasn`t great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    my answer would be Eagle One Nanowax spray. it has Nano Polymer technology, and light fillers. best thing is its available at Auto Zone or Advanced so you don`t have to pay shipping charges. I think its $7.99 a bottle but it often goes on sale at either store for $4.50-5.00. its what we use whenever we do washes by themselves without polish or wax, we don`t let anything out the door without some kind of protection. I have tested it rather extensively on many vehicles and it will last a month or two, provides excellent slickness and gloss, just an all around good spray wax, available locally, and cheap. I know, I know, its Eagle One. but it works and uses some pretty advanced technology that most others don`t. I wouldn`t keep using it if it wasn`t great stuff.
    Your right about Eagle One spray wax.Another good one is Turtle Wax Ice spray wax . Both are great as is Mothers and Meguiars and Aqua Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used multiple brands of spray wax in different weather conditions and most good quality spray wax works good. I have Megs 156 and Hybrid V7 and both work well. When I am mobile and it`s 90 degrees and sunny, the spray wax of my choice is Eco Touch Quick Wax. It wipes off fast with no streaks even in the hottest sun

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Spray Wax. In my experience it attracts less dust than Megs UQW/D156

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for a spray wax that is really nothing more than a post wash wipe-down gloss enhancer or are you looking for one with durability? To me there is a big difference here.

For just a post wash wipe-down I use FK425, UWWP, DG Aquawax.

For a spray wax with durability and looks I go with Opti Car wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Are you looking for a spray wax that is really nothing more than a post wash wipe-down gloss enhancer or are you looking for one with durability? To me there is a big difference here.

For just a post wash wipe-down I use FK425, UWWP, DG Aquawax.

For a spray wax with durability and looks I go with Opti Car wax.
    Looking for for durability and shine, I want to be able to spray on paint and black trim.

Post Thanks / Like

D156/UQW Cheap especialy when bought as D156 by the gallon, works well has few weeks durability. Nice booster dying aid or quick detailer with some protection.

CG V7 I cant figure this out yet I love the shine and slickness but I think its better to use with a sealant or coating that sheets a it seemed to cut the beading in half on my 2 week old sealed car. I do love it on my boat as I dont care about beading on that and i just want shine lots and lots shine it a Red flake and silver flake gel coat and V7 makes it pop.

Auqawax Little more price wise then 156 but I think it makes up for it in real 1-2 month durability. I use it more as a Spray wax or drying aid layers up very well when used as a drying aid week after week with out getting hazy.

Prima Hydro Max I love this stuff. I use it only as a real wax it is a little expensive but I can get 2-3 months of great beading on daily driver and 6 months on my garage queen. Expensive but goes a long ways and doesnt need to be used often.

Optimum, ONR I like this as a quick detaieler or waterless wash or as a drying aid if I dont want to add anything to the finish. ONR wash and wax I like to use to waterless wash door jambs and trunk or tailgate jambs to add some protection to areas that dont get a regular washing. I like both of these as drying aid for my daily driver truck as it gets a quick washing a lot times with yes a brush (hey its a 4 door truck I cant baby it) which leaves some dirty areas that get missed and ONR has cleaner in it to clean those spots waterless wash style as I dry the car.
    Last edited by trashmanssd; 06-15-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: grammer

Post Thanks / Like

YES. If your using it as a drying aid, PRIMA HYDRO WAX AS YOU DRY is the ticket.

Prima Hydro Spray Wax
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Junebug, trashmanssd liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information