Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

It has been about 8 years since I last had a vehicle that I really wanted to take care of. I know that times and products have changed a ton since then. I am starting fresh with no equipment and no products to speak of. I am looking for advice and recommendations to fix and take care of my new 07 GT Mustang Conv. I am specifically looking for recommendations to take care of the following:

1. Stone Chips (primer still visible...not down to metal)

2. Swirls and light scratching from the previous owner from just washing the car

I am sure I will need an new buffer/polishing machine but not sure which kind would be the most universal to use. I know I will need a paint chip/scratch repair kit but not sure which would be best. I would also like suggestions on a cutting compound through polishing and waxing. I would like to stay within one company family if possible. I used to use Meguiars line of products but am not sure if they are my best option any longer.

I have been reading around the site for a few days trying to get some ideas but it is hard to try and put all the different things together. Thanks for your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Touchupr. Colorchip is probably the best reviewed

Machine: Can`t beat the HF DA deal right now, if you want something with a lifetime warranty, the Griots 6 DA

Compound and Polish: HD Cut and HD Polish, both are super easy to use, don`t dust much, and cut and finish well.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to stick with one company such as Meg. then there Dual Action Polisher G110v2 is good. If not Harbor freight makes a nice polisher at a great price. Meguiars Ultra Polish Kit with 6.5 Inch Pads is a good choice Meguiars Ultra Polish Kit with 6.5 Inch Pads, Meguiars Mirror Glaze Polishes, Meguiars 105 and 295, Lake Country Foam pads ... Then wax or sealant??? Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax good choice. Or Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 ..... HD is another great line of products. 3D International, LLC
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Im using Meguiar`s Ultimate Compound, M205, and Ultimate Paste Wax with great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Touchupr. Colorchip is probably the best reviewed

Machine: Can`t beat the HF DA deal right now, if you want something with a lifetime warranty, the Griots 6 DA

Compound and Polish: HD Cut and HD Polish, both are super easy to use, don`t dust much, and cut and finish well.

+1 on Dan`s comments.

Griot`s is more powerful, but with either one get a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads--HD or Buff & Shine are both great.

HD Speed is a great AIO but super as a finishing polish to any of their polishes. HD Poxy is a hybrid sealant/wax LSP with a great look and decent durability.

Thread Information